Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey and the interior lights do not turn on in any circumstance. Actually, the front seat map lights turn on, but the 2nd row, third row and hatch lights are always off.

the system is supposed to be as follows:

1 dashboard switch w/ 3 positions: off, door, on

2 front row dome lights
2 second row dome lights
2 third row dome lights
note - all dome lights are supposed to be turned on/off by pressing the lens

1 rear hatch light with on/door/off switch.

With the front switch in "off", all lights will be off always until individually turned on or off by depressing their lens.

With the front switch in "door", all lights will be off always until a door is opened. They will turn off 30 seconds after the doors are closed or when individually turned on or off by depressing the lens.

With the front switch in "On", all lights will come on until individually turned off by depressing the lens.

Right now all lights never turn on or off under ANY circumstances except the front row dome lights which can manually be turned on or off by depressing the lens.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Did this just start happening, or did you just get the van, and they have always been off?

I would check in order:

Fuse(s)

Light bulbs (they might be burned out)

The switch itself

Check and report back... :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuse is good
bulbs are good

I am thinking switch is issue, but why do just fronts go on/off?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I bought it used and iirc it has always had this issue since I took possession but I am just getting around to running it down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Solved

Pulled the dash to look at the switch and it was just disconnected...

Ah well - alls well that ends well...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I still have a problem with 2nd row map lights not turning on, I've replace interior light fuse located under driver side, only front and third row that's working, any idea, or is there another fuse that I should check..need help..tia

·
Registered
97 Posts
Problem SolvedPulled the dash to look at the switch and it was just disconnected...Ah well - alls well that ends well...
Hi GasXI have the same issue, I have Honda Odyssey 2006 lx. Front and rear interior lights are working, 2nd and 3rd row lights are not turned on. 1- Check the bulbs they are fine.2- Door light on/off switch not work at all.3- Have doubt about the fuse but if the fused is bad front and rear interior lights should not be turn on.Can you please let me know the detail procedure how to pull out the dash and check the door light switch connection. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a situation where the interior lights front and middle will turn on manually but none will turn on when the front drivers/passenger door or either sliding door is opened. Fuses were checked. The rear light does go on when the tailgate is lifted. Have ensured the switch was in the correct 'door' position.
I am not sure where the switch is on the door itself - but It seems odd that all 4 doors would be out at the same time.
I really do not want to take it to Honda - much to expensive. Any advice or links I could get further information from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No Lights

Hey want to thank gasx for his post on the interior lights the switch was unplugged on our as well and it was a quick easy fix thanks to you

;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a situation where the interior lights front and middle will turn on manually but none will turn on when the front drivers/passenger door or either sliding door is opened. Fuses were checked. The rear light does go on when the tailgate is lifted. Have ensured the switch was in the correct 'door' position.
I am not sure where the switch is on the door itself - but It seems odd that all 4 doors would be out at the same time.
I really do not want to take it to Honda - much to expensive. Any advice or links I could get further information from?
Did you get this solved? I have a similar problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Odyssey EX-L. Any of my interior lights do not turn on when I open the doors. But when I push the individual buttons besides each lights, those turn on manually.

You mentioned that you solved your problem by "pulling the dash to look at the switch and it was just disconnected". I just wanted to know how you di this. Could you please elaborate on this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
457 Posts
To cover the simple things first:
1. Is the master light switch on the dash in the middle position? If so, do the light turn on when you use that master switch?
2. When you turn the key to the ON position, does the dash show that any of the doors are open?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would have assumed the switch was brokem too. To answer your question why the front lights work even with a dead switch is because those lights are being activated by the door jamb switch. The switch for the door

·
Registered
12,938 Posts
The door switches are not a direct connection to the lights. The door switches send a ground signal to the MICU which grounds the lights and turns them on. The switch(es) can be bad or the MICU can be bad. Some testing will be necessary to determine which it is.

When you turn on each light manually you are grounding the lights through a separate ground.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=140896

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2007 Odyssey EX-L RES and I had the idea to replace interior light bulbs with LEDs.

I started replacing the 1st row two dome lights and everything worked well.
After that I replaced the bulbs in both doors and everything was working great.
After I replaced the 2nd row dome lights, all interior lights didn't turn on anymore.
The lights are completely dead. Even when I switched to all on, etc ... all dead. I installed the original bulbs but its the same, none is working. Front door lights and all interior lights dead. I think I blew the fuse. Odyssey doesn't like LEDs.

I read the fuse is located under the drivers seat? Can somebody tell me which is the correct one?

Regards,

Niels

·
Registered
457 Posts
I want to say it's #7, but I can't remember for sure. But there will only be one that is blown.

The Odyssey is fine with LEDs. I have all LEDs for my interior lights. It's possible that one of the ones you were putting in is defective and has a short that caused the fuse to blow.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks @cybersaga

I just checked the leds with a multimeter but they all have the same resistance. Going to check the fuse.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its Fuse #6 :)
And its blown. I get four new fuses and will try installing the LEDs again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem Solved

Pulled the dash to look at the switch and it was just disconnected...

Ah well - alls well that ends well...
OMG, that fixed it for me. This was an issue for us for over two years. I can't believe the fix was so simple. I'm guessing I have the dealership to blame for disconnecting it in the first place. Glad I didn't pay them for the repair. Thanks so much!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts