Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At highway speeds I am hearing what I would describe as a fluttering sound coming from somewhere in the front of the vehicle. This sound seems to come and go - it's there for a few minutes, then gone for a while, then it comes back for a bit.

I once had a speedometer cable that was coming loose from the back of the instrument panel on an older civic. I'm trying to remember what it sounded like, but I believe it was also a fluttering type of noise. Could this be my problem? Seems unlikely.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Erik

[This message has been edited by eslayter (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
Registered
139 Posts
See my post in this section "windshield trim problem". Sound like the same thing I'm experiencing. Examine the rubber trim around your windshild to see if it's a little loose anywhere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the moulding around the entire windshield. It appears to be firmly in place. It wouldn't be able to blow in the wind, then reseat would it? Next time I hear it, I'll try to pull over and check the moulding. In the meantime, any other suggestions?

-Erik

·
Registered
139 Posts
eslayter
Mine is slightly loose (un-glued) for about 4 or 5 inches on the drivers side A-pillar about even with the mirror. It will wiggle slightly from side to side. Apparently just enough to vibrate in the wind at highway speeds and set up this buzzing noise. The hotter the weather, the looser it becomes. In fact, I didn't have the problem in cold weather. The sound resonates to the interior and you would swear it's coming from the instrument cluster.

[This message has been edited by dlh2 (edited 06-29-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts