Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love our 2010 Odyssey even more than the 2000 Odyssey we owned many years back however, living in the Northeast we rely on 4X4 and AWD vehicles which are the best in ice/snow. I was doing a Google search on which manufacturers made AWD vehicles and a list of models. Honda was on the list and I found that they make "international models" that have features that US models DO NOT HAVE!!! Honda has made the Odyssey other parts of the world with an optional FOUR-WHEEL-DRIVE since 2003!!! Check this out... Honda Odyssey (international) - Wikipedia

·
Registered
657 Posts
I thought the 1st generation had a 4wd (or was it awd) version in the RA2/RA4! Sadly, not over here.
Aha, here it is in your wiki link:
The Honda Odyssey was a raised wagon from Honda and was launched in Japan and North America in 1994. It was offered with an optional 4WD (with RA2 and RA4 chassis)
Sigh, I still miss my '96! :cry:

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
431 Posts
The North American Honda Odyssey is not the same vehicle as the Rest-of-World Honda Odyssey. If you look under a modern (3rd gen+) Odyssey, you will see why it can't be made AWD/4WD without significant changes.

-Charlie

·
Registered
657 Posts
Actually, from 2nd gen and up- when the RL series starting in '99.
Now, if they decided on an hybrid version- electric motors can easily be fitted to the rear! :unsure: But I won't hold my breath. o_O At least not for too long!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts