Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I've been lurking for a while, and I've enjoyed the drama! Everything from the saga of getting Honda to replace an SS 2000 with an MB 2002 to the unfortunate meeting of one guy's Ody with an Elementary school.

I'm really enjoying the site! As many of you may know, it's rare to see such polite and useful discourse on the Internet. Probably because the subject is a minivan and not Destiny's Child or Kicker subwoofers.

I'm 28, just got married last June, and could not be MORE excited to pick up our GG '02 Nav this December. I'm actually selling a 97 Honda VFR 750 Motorcycle to help pay for it.

Anyway, I hate you all for FORCING me to explore the DVD player option when I get my Ody and I'm sure that will be just the beginning of a long and interesting trail of modifications that I will just HAVE to do!

BTW: If anyone is thinking of buying an Ody in Minnesota, Buerkle Honda was very plesant to work with; especially Steve Iverson. Absolutely no hassles about add ons, sticker price and when we changed our mind about wanting to go from EX to EXL NAVI he only said, "oops, we just ordered your van, so now you'll have to wait until next month's alocation." So, all in all, a very low pressure, pleasant experience.

I look forward to butting in with my $.02 in the future, and thank you all for the wonderful information so far!

------------------
-Andrew Starks

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
You and your organs are always welcome here!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX - currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome to the Club. I trust although your username is pancreas you won't be posting alot of bile.

PS: I would kill for a VFR 750....

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Canodyssey:
PS: I would kill for a VFR 750....</font>
five or six years ago I was just about killed by a VFR. Does that count?

I love those bikes too!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX - currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
207 Posts
Pancreas,

Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy it as much as do I. In the General Discussion section there is a thread entitled "Explain Your Username". Thanks!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome! We always like a person who is willing to bring money, Hee! Hee!

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">five or six years ago I was just about killed by a VFR. Does that count?</font>
now, someone reading that at face value probably imagines some VFR-riding speeding idiot almost wrecking into you (and possibly your family) as you're innocently going about your business.

Hmmmmmm.

Then there are the rest of us, who know the truth: that while the above loosely describes the circumstances, the VFR-riding speeding idiot was in fact you.

Close?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well....

Anyone who really knows the venerable VFR also knows that while it looks like a t-shirt-wearing-sunglasses-having-no-helmet-wearing-croch-rocket (we call them velocitus calamarious), it's a grown up's sport bike.

Not quite as fast... kind of heavy... but for some reason it was the best sport bike for seven years in a row.

If the guy was really an idiot, he probably borrowed (more likely stole) the VFR from someone smart.

At least that's my unbiased opinion.

------------------
-Andrew Starks

[This message has been edited by pancreas (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Pancreas,

My Ody also came from Buerkle, a 2001 MB EX, last May. BTW, I'm in Roseville.

Please let me know if you decide to install fog lights. I'd like to go through another installation and take some photos to go with my "fog light installation tips," and maybe turn them into a Tech section item.

Mel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mel,

I'm really thinking of getting them. The install price at Buerkle seemed a little high to me, but Steve explained that the kit is cheap, while the labor is where the bulk of the cost is. I think he said they take the bumper off.

I really like the look of them though. I think the way I'm leaning now is that I may just have them go ahead and do it and I'll skip the air deflector I was going to get.

I'm nervous about anything that involves messing with a painted surface, so I may wimp out.

·
Registered
596 Posts
By the way, Pancreas, LURKING can only get you in trouble around here, Hee! Hee! I had a friend who lurked and has not been heard from since.......

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
596 Posts
You will not get into any trouble mounting the MacNeil air deflector and the front bumper removal is pretty easy, too. There are not many fasteners which hold it in place. You can see how it is done on the HandA site under installation instructions for the transmission cooler or, possibly, the fog lights.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting, Jerry O... I might just do that. Maybe in the spring time. I like the look of the fog lights more than anything.

What's got me all hot and bothered is the Video On My Navi upgrade. So far my wife has put her foot down, but I've got some time to work on her. Besides, she was pulling for the RES Ody anyway. Now we both get our way... right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ody and VFR

Well, getting a new Ody is a neat experience. Unlike many people, I did not go to a dealer, pay $2K over sticker price, or wait for months.

We are getting a SS 02 EX-L loaded with everything, except Nav. which is fine. The only major difference, it has been in an accident, and needs fixing. And, bottom line, savings are tremendous. Still, we're selling our mind Legend to help cover the costs. And, the kids will enjoy it.

Whoever brought up VFR to this discussion... I have one. Excellent bike. 99 800FI model is definitely a keeper. Sport touring bike is what I can call it, best of the both worlds. And for those who are afraid of bikes, or hate them, just watch that you don't run one off the road or pull in front of one and claim you never was it. Most riders are very good drivers. My insurance would not even take one with two moving violations or one accident in past three years. Beat that!

I have been a big Honda-Acura fan lately, and those cars are sure the best deal for the money, top of the line quality and reliability, plus good on fuel. I am sure our Ody will be doing great service to the family.

peace,
pcnj

1 - 17 of 17 Posts