Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2012 Touring Elite. Has anyone had this specific issue pairing an iPhone 4S to this vehicle? I can't figure out if it's a phone or car issue . . .

The phone seems to pair to the Odyssey correctly. We can see the address book on the car. We can even call from the address book on the car. We can hear the caller through the speakers, but they can't hear us at all. Like there is no microphone to pick up our voice. The person on the other end gets no audio at all. But we can hear them loud and strong.

Any ideas as to what we could try to do next to get this phone working? It's not like it's an obscure phone . . . and should be 100% compatible according to Honda.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yup, worth pairing someone else's phone to make sure but it certainly sounds like a mic issue in the car. I have an I phone 4 paired with my 2011. Overlooking the buggy software there was no mic issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is the microphone. Both my iPhone 3GS and my wife's iPhone 4S is doing the same thing. And we finally tried out the voice commands, and they aren't working either. Is there a microphone adjustment somewhere? I read on this forum about the adjustment on the 2005-2010 model years, but can't find anything for the 2011-2012.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts