Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading threads and doing searches for a few hours now. I am getting confused with all of the info that is here and having trouble sorting out what is relevant to me and my specific model.

If someone could point me in the right direction for a solution that will provide text display and control via the steering wheel that would be great. Please let me know if there is more than one option and I will examine them and determine which I like best.

If you guys will help me figure out which one I need, I will take pictures and do a detailed write up when I install it. I know there are some pretty good ones of these around here already but it may still be helpful to someone with my particular model having the features it has.

Thanks in advance for your time,

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Look for posts made by the guy called King and you should be alright.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I just installed USA Spec iPod Interface Honda PA15-HON2 for my wife 07 EX-L Nav/Res a month or two ago, worked perfectly. You can get them from crutchfield.com for $150.00 free lifetime tech support and your vehicle master sheet. If you planning to get this unit PA15-HON2, you do not need this Metra E5000 SPDT Relay SPDT Relay w/Socket that crutchfield suggested to purchase for the rear entertainment sys. It worked without the need for this adaptor: Metra E5000 SPDT Relay SPDT Relay w/Socket. See link below for more info.

USA Spec iPod® Interface Connects your iPod to select Honda/Acura factory radios at Crutchfield.com

TT,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
King, ... now that's a guy after my own heart. Factory says no you can't but he says YES YOU CAN! Love it. I was looking at the ipod stuff but got distracted by the DVD on NAV threads. Man I have to do that, just to see if I can...

Thanks for the replies! I think I know what to do now.

If anyone has another solution they like for this other than the USA spec, I would love to hear about it, although it seems perfectly adequate.

Thanks again, for the help and the welcome. This seems like a great board.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been reading threads and doing searches for a few hours now. I am getting confused with all of the info that is here and having trouble sorting out what is relevant to me and my specific model.

If someone could point me in the right direction for a solution that will provide text display and control via the steering wheel that would be great. Please let me know if there is more than one option and I will examine them and determine which I like best.

If you guys will help me figure out which one I need, I will take pictures and do a detailed write up when I install it. I know there are some pretty good ones of these around here already but it may still be helpful to someone with my particular model having the features it has.

Thanks in advance for your time,
I installed USA spec few weeks ago and I absolutely love it.

USA spec adaptor would provide you all the features you are looking for.

It is very easy to install. All you need is trim removal tool and screwdriver and few zip ties.

I posted detail installation with pictures. Search under my ID. I don't have alot of postings so you can easily find the posting regarding USA SPEC adaptor. Title is under USA SPEC......

I'd love to link my post but my iPhone app would not allow me to link.

I hope this help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts