Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 EX-L that needs a new (used) transmission. My question is can I put one from an LX or EX in my EX-L? I know the EX-L and Touring original transmissions have the Variable Cylinder Management and the EX and LX do not. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I do not believe transmissions differ between the two models. VCM feature is in the engine and not in transmission.
That said, maybe look into refurbishing your transmission if it has been cared for as transmission in 05/06 has been rather weak so used one of unknown pedigree may be of a can of worms.

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,291 Posts
4th and 5th gear ratios are different on VCM vs none VCM models. If you decide to try LX transmission on your EXL, please let us know how that works out for you. I am very curious too.

Product Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot

Reactions: 0dyfamily

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
Thanks, Odyssey.owner. Makes me want to buy a VCM Odyssey, disable the VCM, and enjoy the slightly more favorable ratios when I'm towing something on the freeway.

OF

Reactions: Odyssey.owner

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,291 Posts
Thanks, Odyssey.owner. Makes me want to buy a VCM Odyssey, disable the VCM, and enjoy the slightly more favorable ratios when I'm towing something on the freeway.

OF
I would try to install a transmission from VCM Ody instead ) And maybe I will, because my transmission is finally going out

Reactions: 0dyfamily

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2006 EX-L that needs a new (used) transmission. My question is can I put one from an LX or EX in my EX-L? I know the EX-L and Touring original transmissions have the Variable Cylinder Management and the EX and LX do not. Thanks!
Just look it up by the vin number to see what transmission types are compatible. I just threw in a new rebuilt transmission from O'Reilly on my 06 odyssey. So far so good. It actually feels smoother and obviously accelerates better. And it even does the same noises when going from park to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.