Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 MB EXL-NAV on order for delivery between Oct. 18 and 20 at MSRP (plus a few options thrown in). Got an email this afternoon from a dealer (I had talked to him earlier when I was searching for a van) about 200 miles away stating:
"I have a Silver 02 EXL-R ready for deliver $27,190 delivered to ....". He is even willing to deliver to my location.
I do not believe this and have a call in to him. For this price I do not mind changing color or that I will not get the NAV.Any thoughts if this could be true; and if so, how?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds too good to be true!! This would be the best deal I've ever heard for a 2001 or 2002 Ody.

The only remote possibility is if you have a dealer who is getting nervous about slumping sales due to the bombing tragedies or they are trying to sell an SS with a bad paint job (repaint??). . . there have been many issues with that color. That price would pretty much wipe out their profit. IMO, something is not quite right here.

By the way, I received my "call" today that my MB EXL NAV is being built between 9/25 & 9/30. Should be delivered 10 - 15 days after that. Based on this, I should receive mine from Oct 5 - 15th. Dealer claimed to have "pulled some strings" since my original order was messed up by Honda.

Let us know what you find out / decide on this SS EXL-R.

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
The only remote possibility is if you have a dealer who is getting nervous about slumping sales due to the bombing tragedies or they are trying to sell an SS with a bad paint job (repaint??). . . there have been many issues with that color.
</font>
Good points! Someone suggested maybe the dealer had a typo in his email since the price quoted is the exact MSRP on an EX.
If I go for this van I will definitely look for paint problems - any pointers on what I should look for?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yup, I was just going to point out the type-o too. Even the Honda website had the MSRPs wrong for a while.

-d

·
Registered
157 Posts
There's a thread in the "Problems" section that explains the SS paint issues.

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000044.html

I'd hate to think that there would be a dealer out there sleazy enough to unload a "bad" van to someone 200 miles from their home market.

You may be right about the typo . . . wonder how many people he sent that same e-mail to?

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

[This message has been edited by Man314 (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by viskha:
Just got a message from the dealer:
"That is a misprint ........ I apologize for the missprint."
Was too good to be true!!!!