Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Just purchased a brand spanking new Polished Metallic 2012 Touring Elite. I tried doing a search within the 2011+ section for any topics regarding VentureShield or some sort of 3M Scotch Guard or Paint Shield that can be installed on our Odyssey's for better protection vs chips and dings towards the front half of our vehicles. Has anyone done this? and if so? what were the costs for install? and where did you get the product? I live in the Chicago area. Any info will be a huge help...

Thanks in advance,

Silver Ghost

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well just wanted to let u all know that i went ahead with doing this and couldn't be happier. got a great deal for it as well for the front half of the hood, bumper, fender, side mirrors. well worth the investment to protect your investment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pricing wise you're probably looking at around 600-1000 depending on the install. The 3M covers all the front bumper, about 18-24" of the hood, fenders and the mirrors...it does not wrap around so you can see the edges...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had my hood, fenders, front and rear bumpers redone. You can't even tell I had clear bra unless I point it out. It all depends on the installer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It also depends on if the kit is custom or pre cut. If it is pre-cut then it is possible that it will not wrap around the edges or even make it to the edges. Installing this stuff is an art form and some are better at it than others. However, if the vinyl doesn't cover the entire panel, then there will be seams. People can say a clear bra is clear all they want, but the fact is that it will show up. The rest of the paint will fade and swirl and the clear bra will eventually yellow. And if you don't maintain the clear bra, then it will get chaulky and cloudy as well. I can find a lot of examples of where the 'clear' bra type covers actually look worse.

It is only going to be as good as the installer, the material, and the care it is given. I'd probably put one on the front bumper, but I wouldn't want one on the hood or fenders unless it was covering the entire panel. I've detailed a number of cars that had the entire front clip covered and it looked great. This Alpina B7 is a good example of that. The whole front half of the car all the way back to the windshield and doors is clear bra. Some 3M material that I don't know the details of specifically, but the installer is very very good. It is a little plastic looking, but I put a protectant on it which gives it extra gloss and protection from UV damage, so it is hard to tell the difference from the rest of the paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts