Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2011 ODY EX-L Navi is pre-wired for RES?

·
Banned
728 Posts
I doubt it. I just watched an instructional video to install a trailer hitch and the wiring harness had to be added during the install. Same with the fog lights, no wiring harness going back to the fuse box, although there was siring from the fuse box to the switch in the steering column (had to change the switch though). Seems to me they just install the standard equipment that comes with the van as ordered. Good luck installing one if teh harness isn't there though.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Nope. Honda doesn't prewire much.

·
Registered
170 Posts
there used to be a point in time when honda pre-wired all of a model for the maximum possible trim, but that time has long since passed.

outside of pre-wiring for accessories, there is no additional wiring in the vehicle other than what is necessary for the factory options.

·
Registered
786 Posts
There was a post in the 3rd gen that included pictures of someone adding the NAV and RES, and there were wires in places I couldn't understand. I believe at least one and maybe both front seats had to be removed. The closest I have seen Honda come to making it convenient to add features is marking the inside of the bumpers for the parking sensor installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts