Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L. Does anyone know what’s next to DVD monitor? Is it a camera?

·
Registered
262 Posts
That’s the wireless infrared transceiver area. Similar to remote control devices and set top boxes that use a dark red window like that as an optical filter. I don’t have RES but The RES headphones are wireless, right? If that’s true and they aren’t bluetooth, then they may be infrared as well.

I’ve not verified any of this but it’s highly likely based on other equipment I’ve used in the past.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, the IR transmitter for the wireless headphones as well as the receiver for the RES remote is housed behind those lenses. Don't block or cover them if using the wireless headphones provided with the van or no sound will be heard. We don't use the headphones since they are heavy and not as comfortable as cheaper noise cancelling headphones available online. We just split the jack in the rear seat and run a cable up to the middle row armrests to allow the middle row to plug in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the IR transmitter for the wireless headphones as well as the receiver for the RES remote is housed behind those lenses. Don't block or cover them if using the wireless headphones provided with the van or no sound will be heard. We don't use the headphones since they are heavy and not as comfortable as cheaper noise cancelling headphones available online. We just split the jack in the rear seat and run a cable up to the middle row armrests to allow the middle row to plug in.
can you still adjust the volume for the middle row headsets with the main volume knob up front when its plugged into the rear headphone jack or does all the volume control go straight through the rear volume control wheel?

·
Registered
149 Posts
can you still adjust the volume for the middle row headsets with the main volume knob up front when its plugged into the rear headphone jack or does all the volume control go straight through the rear volume control wheel?
All volume is controlled through the rear seat volume knob next to each headphone jack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts