Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to add an HDTV monitor on the ceiling (The location elite has). I do not plan to use a DVD player. I will hook up the monitor with a media player.

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
I just moved the other one as a newbie posted in 2011 section. You have been here a while. Hoping you read the stickies. So, can you post this in the dedicated audio/video forum? I already answered your question in the NAV thread that had to move over there. Please post threads in relavant forums as there are other forums other than the 2011 forum.

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
Quoting answer from the Add a NAV system question thread http://www.odyclub.com/forums/676005-post8.html

Moved to Audio/Video/NAV forum.
:
:
:

As to adding the HDTV screen, I am sure that can be attached and what not but Honda uses a proprietary bus to power the screen as evidenced by posts on adding an aftermarket NAV system that supports DVDs to 3rd Gen RES models. One fellow in the 3rd gen hack job'd his RES Radio and used the circuit board to power the Video screen and another used a NAV controller to cleanly power the screen.

So, bottom line, though it can be done, I would NOT recommend adding a factory NAV system or the factory screen. Go aftermarket if you need to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts