Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my Toyota 4 runner i have a nice display which shows me how many miles i can drive before i will run out of gas..

i did not find the same feature on my Ody 06 ... i there a display like this ?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
No.

You might want to read the owner's manual. If you didn't get one, there is a sticky uptop for an online version of the manual.

·
Registered
372 Posts
on my Toyota 4 runner i have a nice display which shows me how many miles i can drive before i will run out of gas..

i did not find the same feature on my Ody 06 ... i there a display like this ?

thanks
The Touring has this feature.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Only if you get a scangauge.

·
Registered
157 Posts
amazing they wouldn't include this simple display on all models......i'm new to Honda, so slowly i'm finding out these little idiosyncrasies

·
Registered
76 Posts
Would seem like it... guess that was their selling point to get people to buy touring models... I bought one not because of this, but because my wife wanted the power lift gate...

I find it interesting that you not only gain the trip computer functions... but you also gain the ability to easily program various other features that should be easily programmable, but I'm unsure if they are on the other models... such as auto lock/unlock behavior... interior lighting, and what not... similar to the configuration that's on my GTP...

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wonder if you can get an ECU from a Touring and tie it to the EX-L and disable any features your EX-L doesn't have. The features in the user display should be all present in the EX-L, but probably just disabled in the software.

You could do this on Saab 9-5's. Uprate the engine turbo and then swap up to the top line ECU, tie it (programmatically) to your car and voila instant upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts