Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... to set or adjust the angle? I have an '07 EX-L and the armrest sits too low. Can the ratcheting hardware from the Touring be retrofitted, or the internal stop shimmed up somehow?

I really miss the knob-adjusted angle in the VWs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
maybe you can try pulling parts from older models, my 05's arm rest can "lock" into place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
... to set or adjust the angle? I have an '07 EX-L and the armrest sits too low. Can the ratcheting hardware from the Touring be retrofitted, or the internal stop shimmed up somehow?

Thanks.

My '06 EX-L has the adjustable armrests on it. Your '07 doesn't???

So if you push the armrest all the way down and then pull up just a little to desired location, it doesn't stay there? That is weird. :huh:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Strange

I have a 2007 EXL and the arm rests in the front seats work fine (i.e. ratchet & lock as described by slowride77). The 2nd row seat arm rests do not lock in the same way, perhaps that's what you're referring to?

·
Registered
819 Posts

Thanks.
From the posts, sounds as if your ratcheting hardware is broken. Have dealer
fix if under warranty.

I bought a 2001, My armrest also sat low. Back then, Odyssey's had no ratchet. I just, peeled back the armrest cover, unbolted the armrest, and
then stuck a small piece of rolled up cardboard in the "hardware". This kept the arm from setting to low.

Works fine, 10 years later. Simple fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts