Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not from the money side but from the maintenance point of view considering that rockers may chip due to road debris (not sure since you have mud guards) and the spoiler may crack as previously noted here?

I guess this would apply also to people who have body kits.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i checked with a friend (painter) at a body shop. he told me it would be difficult to apply paint that would stand up to rock chips on the black plastic parts of the van.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Clean well with Super Solv and use a white primer coat, or close to the finish color. Apply primer and finish coat at 70 degrees Fahrenheit or above.

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's; Hella Supertone Horns.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I was able to take the spoiler out after breaking two clips & two hours of figuring out (no service manual yet). Anyway, I'll have the spoiler painted the same color as the van but I may decide on leaving the rockers alone since I can't seem to pop the clips off. And according to darelldd, there's no play on them. And with fordsdad'c reply, I guess I may have to leave them alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts