Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Obsidian Blue Elite. I opted to extend my warranty out to 10 years/120k miles. It's HondaCare with no deductible. It cost about $1550 for the coverage but we plan on keeping this for at least 10 years. My dealership also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as normal oil changes and transmission flushes are done at their dealership. That combination of coverage gives me all the peace of mind I need! I've never done an extended warranty on a new car before but this seemed like a good deal with no deductible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
7 year and 80000 whichever comes first. we dont drive a lot. Est 5K mile per year
80,000 is not enough. I do think these warranties can be worthwhile and are great peace of mind, especially if you are financing the car for a maximum period of time but not for 80 clicks. Hondas are not as bad as some cars, but they can be expensive to work on. The parts can be killer. But 80,000 miles is no bargain for what you are paying, particularly given your low mileage and the fact the car will be under warranty for the first three years anyway. We did have stuff come up during our extended warranty period. The power steering went out, a servo motor on the AC went out, there were issues with the front end (can't remember exactly but think they were tie rods) and some other stuff that more than repaid us for the initial outlay. JMHO

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Obsidian Blue Elite. I opted to extend my warranty out to 10 years/120k miles. It's HondaCare with no deductible. It cost about $1550 for the coverage but we plan on keeping this for at least 10 years. My dealership also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as normal oil changes and transmission flushes are done at their dealership. That combination of coverage gives me all the peace of mind I need! I've never done an extended warranty on a new car before but this seemed like a good deal with no deductible.
Exactly what we did.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts