Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not aware of any way to make the nav screen default to "off" or any other option at startup. It does go through the "disclaimer" screen, but after a few seconds and with no input it defaults to the "starfield" screen. Simply leave it alone after start up; don't press anything and it will revert to the starfield display. Once it's displaying the starfield, press the clock display and it will move to the center position - not a bad looking display in my opinion.

As for the password problem, I've never entered a password and it's never asked me for one. You or another driver must have entered a password to set up a personal list of destinations at some point in the past; it's remembering that and wants verification before proceeding. There's a way to reset the whole system and clear out all destinations and passwords; I'll check the Helm manual when I get a chance.

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by donlibes:
Yes but you still have to press a key just to get that display! So you haven't improved the situation at all. Either way, one has to press a key.

You only have to press the clock once for it to forever display in the middle when the starfield screen comes on. If you never press another key again every time you start the van afterwards, it will go through the disclaimer screen and then display the starfield with the clock in the middle (without pressing it).

Are you saying you use the personal list without a password? Or are you saying you don't use the personal list at all? I want to use the personal list. Telling me that I don't need a password if I never use the personal list is rather pointless.</font>
Sorry, wasn't trying to be pointless, just helpful. If you'd like to sell your navi, I know a fellow over on the Acura-Tl.com forum that might want to buy it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.