Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finally talking directly to the GM of the local Honda dealer face--to-face we worked out a deal to finally get my car. We originally ordered a RRP EX-L NAVI on July 7th and paid a $500 deposit. Basically nothing has happened now for 4 months. I started calling them a lot and the salesman finally admitted that they have a very small allotment and my car still hadn't been ordered. To make a long story shorter, I can now get a silver NAVI (my 2nd choice color) in mid-Dec.

After a lot of discussion and me throwing out that I would rate them highly if they give me deal- they agreed to sell me the car for MSRP + 440 destination + accessories that I wanted at cost (+10% for installation).

Is this a good deal? iVES, cargo tray, splashguards, air deflector and towing package for $2900 (which includes installation). I did get the general manager to put it in writing too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah the $2900 also included the cross bars for the roof rack along with:
iVES
tow package
splashguards
air deflector
cargo tray.

Just wondering if the dealer is truly giving me a break from the usual gouging. Ha! Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. $2900 installed for all that is pretty good. I'm guessing that the iVES would cost at least $1,600 installed, while the cargo tray, splashguards and air deflector are worth $150 or so, plus an hour for installation. The towing package is what is making up the difference. H and A sell the towing package for $430 (plus shipping), but I'm guessing that it would cost at least $400 for labor to install it all, in fact if I recall somebody posted on here that it cost them $900 or $1,000 to buy and get it installed by their dealer.

So, no, I don't think you're geting ripped-off. It sounds like your dealer is charging you accessories at cost, but the labor averages more than 10%. Not quite what the dealer told you, but pretty fair nonetheless IMO.

Anybody else?

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts