Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making plans for a "normal" summer with road trips. {End of May 2021}
I want to hear from you how "open" your regions are. Include if they are already asking for vax "passports".

:cool: I'm looking for positive places to go & normal experiences, not The Science™

Reactions: Odywannabe2020

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As of today, in New York, all that the shot with the Emergency Authorization drug gets you is, "mask-free indoors, but should still wear face-coverings in crowded settings, mass transit, schools, hospitals, prisons, nursing homes and homeless shelters". Certain large venues will start opening only to people with proof of a shot. NY did just allow businesses to choose mask/no mask, and immediately, most stores removed their signs. I will tell you, at times, it feels almost normal. But I'm looking to go somewhere better this summer!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Come on down here to Texas.
That's where we're going next month.

I'm not trying to make this political, just using it for factual reference... It seems like Republican states, both government "rules" -and- the people seem more open and less restrictive.

I'm in Colorado and the gov seems to be coming around, but the people, liberals, are so very uptight and ruin vacation fun.

Car camping in Colorado would work, but being around many of these people in cities just isn't fun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once to TX, loved the Alamo, San Antonio and 6 Flags (and food, and more) NY friends of mine are living there now (don't worry, they're good!).
Went to a lovely DUDE RANCH in southern CO, took a snow cat for private skiing, and drove up Pike's Peak.
Hubby's been to WI (work) and enjoyed their accent and the food.
Wow, I love America, the beautiful!

Any East Coast beach stories? Income took a hit, so we've gotta stay close.

Reactions: 0dyfamily

·
Registered
240 Posts
Delaware and Maryland beaches are starting to open up. But expect huge crowds on the weekends, and a very clogged, and slow moving Rt. 1 in Delaware on weekends during the summer.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
I live in/near Tulsa, you wouldn't know anything was abnormal. Wide open everywhere. Come on down. Visit TravelOK.com
willy, we're down in SWOK.

Our OKC and Tulsa can't really match a place like San Antonio (used to live there, too), but the state parks have proved to be a real plus here in OK. As the Missus and I got older, that's the type of places we've been motoring to.

willy's right. You'd never notice anything abnormal.

OF

Reactions: KingOpie
1 - 9 of 9 Posts