Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our car battery died the other day, and we had a new one installed. I was able to enter our code to get the radio up and running again, but when I try to navigate to control our ipod adaptor, it isn't showing up. I'm guessing it needs to be reset somehow after the battery change, but I have no idea how to do this. My research online has me thinking I need to somehow get to the controls and unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in, but I have no idea how to do that, either. We paid someone to install it, but of course their website is down, their email isn't working, and their voice mailbox is full... can anyone give me step by step instructions to fix this? Please? :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had the same problem in my G35 ISimple when I changed the battery. And yes, unplugging it for a bit fixed the problem. It reset it and it re-initialized when it reset. Oh, and I had a problem with patience as well. Make sure you leave it unplugged for a while for it to totally reset. Otherwise you'll end up repeating. I eventually just uplugged it overnight.

I had the same issue originally. I had Best Buy install it and they didn't actually put it where I asked (behind the glove box). I ended up having to pull my radio and following the wires back to the box buried in my center console. Since I was already in there, I just moved it to behind the glove box so I could acess it easily next time (periodic updates of firmware and resetting if needed in the future).

I ended up installing the ISimple in the Ody myself after I saw how easy installation was. There are directions on this forum for removing the radio (Touring is different than non-touring). I also put it behind the glove box. Plenty of room and it is made to get into that area to change the cabin air filter anyways.

One other option if you REALLY don't want to hunt for the box: Try pulling the fuse for the radio overnight. If you're lucky, since the ISimple pulls power from the radio harness, that will starve it and discharge the memory/reset it. I've heard people with 50/50 luck on this. (Make sure you have your security code for the radio before you do this!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
can anyone give me step by step instructions to fix this? Please? :)
By the way, don't know if you know how the ISimple hooks into the system: There's a Y harness. You unplug the OEM harness from the back of the radio. Plug the Y harness into the radio. Plug the OEM harness into one end of the Y harness. And the other end of the Y harness plugs into the ISimple box. Then the Ipod cable plugs into the ISimple box. Everything else is routing of wires and securing the box down in some comfy spot.

So, you need to uplug the Y harness from the box to "unpower" it. Either chase the Ipod cable back to the box or chase the Y harness from the radio to the box. Then unplug the box from the harness for a bit. Replug in the harness and off you go. I even think there are some video on youtube and Isimple has the installation instructions downloadable from their website. Hardest thing should be finding the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, wompem. I saw the guy install it, so I'm pretty sure the box is in my dash. I found a video on youtube to see how to take the dash off to access the radio, so hopefully I can find the box okay, and thank you for the tips on how to unplug it. I'll give it a try today and see if it works! I read some things online saying you have to disconnect battery power to do that... I was worried about running into electrical problems if I didn't do that, but it seems backwards to me... if I disconnect the battery, won't I run into the same problem I'm at right now anyway? :-/ I'll be in touch to let you know if it worked!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just did it. I only had to leave it unplugged for a few minutes. The only thing that's weird is that it used to show up as "aux1" when it played my ipod, but now it plays it on "xm1." Maybe I plugged something back in the wrong spot. Oh well, I'm just glad I can play my ipod in the car again! Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just did it. I only had to leave it unplugged for a few minutes. The only thing that's weird is that it used to show up as "aux1" when it played my ipod, but now it plays it on "xm1." Maybe I plugged something back in the wrong spot. Oh well, I'm just glad I can play my ipod in the car again! Thanks!
Mine plays on xm1 for both my ody and g35. Aux1 is the simple mode maybe? You can select that when you first set over to the isimple. Aux1 is manual control of the iPod. It cycles from iPod to aux1 to aux2. At least that's ho mine works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts