Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched but didn't find an answer. Posting on behalf of a friend:

I need some advice. I have a 2005 Odyssey Touring model. The radio system went bad on me, so I had to replace it with a Kenwood that also turned out to be bad. It shorted out, and I need to find a replacement now. I think the wiring needs to be redone.

I’m looking for suggestions for a non-dealer radio installer. The Honda dealer will only put back in the original radio, and I need to find someone, ideally in the New York or Maine area. I’ll be up in Maine visiting my grandkids. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can not make a suggestion on an installer in that area but I do recall in certain models you want to replace the premium speakers with a different Ohm rating when you replace the stereo or it will continue to draw too much power to the factory speakers and kill the radio - specifically the 4th gen odysseys. I could be mistaken but that might be a place to start some research. I think there is also something about bypassing a secondary amp if it exists? Ill look into that a bit and see if the info I come across could help you direct an installer on how to handle it better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Argus.Thorne
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing