Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. My wife and I recently leased a 2011 Odyssey EXL-RES. We've had it for about 2 weeks now and are generally pleased with the exception of an audible alarm we can't figure out. Intermittently, the van will give off an audible alarm that appears to be coming from the back of the van. No other warning lights appear anywhere. It's just a constant alarm that goes off when you put the car in drive or reverse but will silence when the brakes are applied only to return again when you start to accelarate. It doesn't happen all the time. I thought it had something to do with the doors not hitting the sensors properly but I have not idea especially since it stops with pressure applied to the brakes. I also thought the emergency brake wasn't full disengaged but it's not that. I'll take it back to the dealer for them to look at but if it doesn't happen while it's there I'm not sure what they'll be able to do.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
See if that sound is identical to the door alarm, by just putting in drive, let off the brake, with the side door open. If it is, then yes you have a problem with the sensors. The sound is supposed to go off when you're braking, while the vehicle is almost or fully stopped. At least that's how our ody is like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts