Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought aa RRP EXL RES! I have been lurking here for several days contemplating a new van. (We bought an '01 T&C LTD. and did a buyback in February but that's another story!) We had finally decided on a TW ody. I was at the acura dealer looking for the MDX's because I did not want to wait three months to get an ody. He laughed and said an MDX would be 4 months! Then he told me his friend sold ody's and they got one in that wasn't expected. We took delivery on 10/30 at msrp. I wasn't too sure about the Red! however it has grown on us and we are so glad we got it. Also no wait! Now to figure out all of the dvd controls etc.
I want to thank all of you for your posts they have been very informative and fun!
It was definitely a blue moon for us. hence the name I wanted hondanut like our ebay username but it was already taken!
BTW we love the ody and can't believe our good luck!

Sandee

------------------
'02 RRP EXL-RES
'93 GRAND CHEROKEE LTD
'01 YAMAHA RAPTOR
'96 YAMAHA BANSHEE
'88 SUZUKI 500

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Sandee. Congratulations on your purchase. I see that you're a fellow Oregonian
. Where did you buy yours and would you recommend them? Also, regarding the buyback, I'd like to ask you some questions about because I am putting together a letter (15 pages so far) to the manufacturer of our current van due to all of its defects and recalls--could you please email me? Thanks so much! -Todd

·
Registered
478 Posts
Congrats on your new Ody! Yeah, I like the RRP more each day, especially with the new wheels! Looks awesome (IMO).
Where is So. Oregon are you? My Dad lives in Roseburg, I love it up there!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems, 17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires (Some installed, some in the garage, some on the way!)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
Congrats on your new Ody! Yeah, I like the RRP more each day, especially with the new wheels! Looks awesome (IMO).
Where is So. Oregon are you? My Dad lives in Roseburg, I love it up there!

</font>
We live in Gold Hill by the Rogue River. W bought our van at Jim Sigel in Grants Pass. Very nice easy deal with Ray Morgan Sales Manager and Gary Luckin Salesman. I tried to get it for less and to throw in some extras -no go! However the dealer in Medford said 2 month wait and 1000 over MSRP! No negotioating! Plus we are not that jazzed with them anyways! Tell them I sent you! They do not get very many allocated
!

This van is so much sturdier feeling and smooth to drive than out Chrysler was! Everything has worked perfect so far!
My daughter is 4 and loves the fact that it has a tv and she can open the doors by herself!
Sandee

------------------
'02 RRP EXL-RES
'93 GRAND CHEROKEE LTD
'01 YAMAHA RAPTOR
'96 YAMAHA BANSHEE
'88 SUZUKI 500

[This message has been edited by bluemoon (edited 11-02-2001).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just love reading this kind of comment (sarcasm). You could say I too have been lurking here, but for a few months, not a couple days. And my Ody purchase decision was no whim, but rather something I researched and planned for many months, and I am still waiting. I've been on a a waiting list at my dealer since late August, and somehow you manage to stroll into a dealership not even looking for an Odyssey and wind up driving a fully loaded one home soon after. Yes I am bitter at this point, because my salesman is telling me January, which means my brand new van will be first enjoyed and broken in, right in the middle of an icy snowy Wisconsin winter. To you bluemoon, I say congratulations, you picked a great vehicle, and certainly lucked out. But it galls me that myself as third time Honda buyer and someone who's put down money and time bothering the dealership with regular phone calls for over two months is still waiting for my Odyssey, and you somehow managed to get one on dumb luck, not even looking for an Ody, much less one with leather and RES, right away with no trouble. No hard feelings, and enjoy it, but I really wish these dealers had some better way to get these suddenly unclaimed Odysseys to the people who've been waiting a long time rather than just sell it to the first looky-loo who walks in.

Jason
'99 Honda CR-V
'93 Honda Civic
'00 Honda 4stroke outboard
'85 Honda Aero scooter (true!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jason, I too am feeling your pain. We put our order in and money down back in August. At first I was told a build date of 10/28. But early in October, the dealer told me 10/16- 10/20. I even saw there build sheet. Well... it's now 11/3 and still no van. I have a VIN from them from last Saturday, but nothing. Am I getting scammed or are the train and trucking companies slow??

(The dealer also told me that a second van, exact model and color was being built the next week, so if there were any problems with the paint job on the first one, I wouldn't have to wait but another week for the second.)

------------------
Chris

'02 SS EX-L RES on order, build date (10/16 - 10/20)
'98 Explorer XLT
'94 Prism Lsi

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by czygmont:
I have a VIN from them from last Saturday, but nothing. Am I getting scammed or are the train and trucking companies slow??</font>
Sometimes delays are legitimate and sometimes they aren't. We used to be able to track vehicles online, once we had a VIN, but that capability seems to be gone, for most people. I applied to BNSF to get access to their tracking system but they wouldn't do it. You might ask the dealer to track the vehicle for you. He really should be able to do it either himself or through the factory. Honda will definitely have access to the online tracking tools.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green Grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ Frayed Tips

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by jasoninwi:
I just love reading this kind of comment (sarcasm). You could say I too have been lurking here, but for a few months, not a couple days.

I am sorry for your discontent! However I would not consider myself a "looky lou" who purchases items on a whim! I have been researching vehicles since February when we did a buyback on our Chrysler Limited we bought in January. It had a bad engine from the factory. It was a long, stressful and expensive process that I would not wish upon anyone!

I was very lucky to hear about this van being available. I talked to several dealers, read all of the posts on several forums, and basically drove my husband crazy looking at vans! We did not want a repeat of our Chrysler experience!

I was very persistant and tenacious with the dealers. I got as much info from them as possible (even a long locate list of vans that would be shipped in November!). It is always best to talk with a sales manager or internet manager. Usually the salesman are kept in the dark! Do your homework and keep asking around. You may get lucky like me. I think maybe they figured I would go away if they finally sold me one!

If I hear of another one available I 'll let everyone know!

Sandee
ps now I am driving my husband crazy with all of the accessories I have to have! I keep saying well on the ody club forum they say...
------------------
'02 RRP EXL-RES
'93 GRAND CHEROKEE LTD
'01 YAMAHA RAPTOR
'96 YAMAHA BANSHEE
'88 SUZUKI 500

[This message has been edited by bluemoon (edited 11-03-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts