Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

In addition to another mini-van I'm looking at, I'm considering having my mechanic shop perform a pre-purchase inspection on a 2008 Honda Odyssey LX.

A few quick facts about it:

1) 15k~ miles or so.
2) 1 owner
3) It does have one open recall according to carfax. Around the breaks I believe. Anyone know what this is about?
4) It has new, after-market leather installed
5) It also has (I had never heard of this one), added slide rails for the middle right captain seat. If you want, that seat can slide into the middle so that both captain seats are side by side.

Having said the above, are there any other items I should make sure the mechanic checks for? Are there any known issues around the 2008s that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Aftermarket leather? Or did they just swap out LX seats for EX-L or Touring seats?

Any time I see some major swap done to 'spruce up' a vehicle, I worry, thinking that these might be flood salvage cars that someone is trying to offload...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Look for if it was hit and DO NOT believe the Carfax.
Check the bumpers to see if all the plastic fasteners are there (if not it's been at least bumped)
Make sure all the body panels line up. If not it could have been repaired.
Open the hatch and check were the body panels meet. Look for paint drips and rewelds. The seams should be nice and neat and straight. If it was repaired it'll look a little hacked (or different from the other side)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi All,

In addition to another mini-van I'm looking at, I'm considering having my mechanic shop perform a pre-purchase inspection on a 2008 Honda Odyssey LX.

A few quick facts about it:

1) 15k~ miles or so.
2) 1 owner
3) It does have one open recall according to carfax. Around the breaks I believe. Anyone know what this is about?
4) It has new, after-market leather installed
5) It also has (I had never heard of this one), added slide rails for the middle right captain seat. If you want, that seat can slide into the middle so that both captain seats are side by side.

Having said the above, are there any other items I should make sure the mechanic checks for? Are there any known issues around the 2008s that I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Do you have the VIN number? If so, you can tell if it has open recalls by using the owner link site.
www.ahm-ownerlink.com

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That slide-rail deal for the middle-row seats is standard equipment. I've got a totally basic 2008 LX and it has this feature.

Only 15Kmi on a 2008? There's really nothing that needs to be done maintenance wise, just make sure everything works.

Are you buying it from a reputable dealer? I don't know of any main stream, reputable dealer that would assume the risk of selling you a salvaged vehicle.

Joel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts