Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our GG EX L Nav this a.m. No problems w/ the van or dealer -- great deal. I do see/feel the differences between the '02 and '01. The sound difference from our '99 to this one is definitely appreciable. Leather looks great. Ooooh, love that new car smell. And the nav -- wow! Navi girl... my new best friend. It is very simple to use, (y'all were right) very intuitive. Rode home alone to check for rattles etc. None so far. Probably the only time the van will be kid & stuff free so that I could actually hear them. Ours was the first I VES the dealer installed (scary) but it seems perfect. Overall...
If only they offered an optional force field...

------------------

'99 CSS EX
'01 GG EX (SOLD!)
'02 GG EXL nav (in the Garage!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
3??¶?! I was wondering, what is IVES? Is that the rear entertainment system? If so, I didn't think you could have both the navigation and ent. system because the DVD unit for each lies under the passenger seat??

Also, I'm curious as to why this is your third Odyssey? Were there problems with the others? I see that the '01 was sold, but what about the '99? Was it totaled?

Are you taking your kids to Monsters Inc. tomorrow? We're going to take ours. I hope it's not sold out...I want to see it almost as bad as my kids do!

[This message has been edited by hondaboy (edited 11-02-2001).]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hondaboy:
3??¶?! I was wondering, what is IVES? Is that the rear entertainment system? If so, I didn't think you could have both the navigation and ent. system because the DVD unit for each lies under the passenger seat??

Also, I'm curious as to why this is your third Odyssey? Were there problems with the others? I see that the '01 was sold, but what about the '99? Was it totaled?

Are you taking your kids to Monsters Inc. tomorrow? We're going to take ours. I hope it's not sold out...I want to see it almost as bad as my kids do!

[This message has been edited by hondaboy (edited 11-02-2001).]
</font>
Hey Hondaboy. The I-ves is the Honda, dealer installed video system. The RES (rear entertainment system) is what the Honda, dealer installed DVD system is called. Although, technically, I guess they are both rear entertainment systems. The video cassete player is in a housing that is attached where the storage compartment is (it replaces it.) You can have this system with the nav, but not the DVD (RES) system. Not sure if it's a function of space, wiring or both.
First Honda got hit and was the victim of bad body work. Repaired it and traded it in on the '01. The '01 got hit hard (after only 6 months) and required 15k worth of work. The whole story and pictures are under the "new members" topic around page 5. Too paranoid, nervous, etc. to keep it with 2 little passengers -- frame was damaged. So, here we are w/ number 3 hoping desperately that the 3rd time will indeed be a charm

Went to see Monsters Inc. tonight. Fun, but not so sure it was worth the $25 it cost for our family of four (just for the movie.) What did you think? I too was as into seeing it as my kids. It's never to late to have a happy childhood
It had some great lines and I just love Sully and Mike, hence the picture. I'm sure in a year or so it will be part of our mobile video library. Take care.

------------------

'99 CSS EX
'01 GG EX (SOLD!)
'02 GG EXL nav (in the Garage!)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Hey Hondaboy. The I-ves is the Honda, dealer installed video system. The RES (rear entertainment system) is what the Honda, dealer installed DVD system is called.</font>
To clarify: RES is factory installed, not dealer installed. i-VES is dealer installed. RES is never a dealer option (officially, so far).

RES uses a double-size head unit; therefore, there is no room in the dash for both RES head unit and NAVI screen.

The RES DVD player is in the dash, where a storage drawer would go, underneath the cupholder/ashtray drawer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DP:
So you have both NAVI and iVES installed now?</font>
Yes. The nav is factory and the I ves is dealer installed. It's great. I would recommend it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts