Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HandA-accessories.com has the IVES with a Playstation 2 for $1380. That would put the IVES at $1081 (assuming $299 for the PS2). I have a EX-Navi with a 10 CD-Changer under the front seat. Does this seem to be the way to go?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
The price does seem alot more attractive.
I've never demo'ed an IVES, so can't comment on its quality/etc...

I'd say if you want to keep your factory head unit, want a 7" 16:9, have both VCP and PS2, it's a pretty good option.

Many here would probably say its still overpriced, and you could get more for your $$ in the aftermarket.

I personally would rather have in dash DVD, better sound quality, more system expansion flexibility, etc.... The FM modulator to me is something I really dislike, and I personally don't think it's that well integrated; the IVES was obviously an afterthought from Honda.

Now if you could get the RES as a dealer installed option, that'd be another story, but nope.

Just some thoughts. Let us know what you decide. Good Luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
854 Posts
i have the ives, and while it looks decent, we hate having to rewind the tapes. to make matters worse, there is no way to know if you are really rewinding, playing or fastforwarding the tape. you have to touch the inside of the player to see if you can feel the vibration of the unit rewinding.

as soon as the technology matures to the point you can easily make a copy of a dvd, i will buy make the switch. i have tons of kids stuff on dvd, but i keep it all in a mega changer. i don't want to be going back and forth between car and dvd player at home.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the iVES in my NAVI & think it's a great unit! Most of our kid's videos are on tape. Add the PS2 and you are not only in "business" for DVD's but can also play games. I'm working on replacing my head unit so I can wire the iVES directly to the head unit so that I can eliminate the FM modulator. This modulator is still pretty good for VHS movies.

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Pioneer 1695's (all around), Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts