Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Got myself signup with the odyforum after searching high and low for information on Honda Odyssey. By the I'm from Malaysia, she's between Thailand and Singapore (for those who have no idea where Malaysia is). Anyway, on to the problem that I have. Bought a 2004 Odyssey Japanese model complete with entertainment DVD etc and NAVI system. Problem is all those settings are in Japanese, so does the owner manual and the accessories. My questions as follow :-

1. Is it possible to change the setting from Japanese to English, and reprogram it to use Malaysia map?

2. Is the English manuals available on the internet similar to those for Japanese models?

Thank you in advance for your kind input .

-hudson-

·
Registered
313 Posts
Manuals, anyway...

The owner's and navigation manuals for most Hondas and Acuras can be viewed at: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_OMANUAL.asp

I don't know about the Navi on foreign models, but the US and Canadian Honda/Acuras have area-specific DVDs. You may need to contact the Honda dealer about Navi for Malaysia.
G/L!

·
Registered
313 Posts
huds_n said:
WSY,

thanks for the reply..just wondering as whether to turn the navi system from Japanese to English is just a matter of reboot n reinstall the system?

anyway attached is front panel shot..same as what you got?

-hudson-
WOW! It's not even close-- it looks like you have the Japanese home-market version of the Honda Odyssey, which is a different vehicle from the Odyssey built and sold in the US. Almost all of us in the US have the US version of the Odyssey, built on a modified US Accord chassis and sold in Japan as the Honda "LaGreat." Here's a link to my model and year: http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/gallery.aspx?year=2004&make=Honda&model=Odyssey&trimid=-1

Those manuals linked in my prior post are for the US model Odysseys, unfortunately. You will need to search the internet further, or contact Honda in Malaysia or Japan, to get the proper manual and navigation information. G/L!

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
From what I understand, those Japanese Odysseys make their way in large numbers to Australia and New Zealand. The problem with Navigation is that they tend to be based on a DVD disk the is region specific. So If I take my U.S. Ody to say, Europe, there is just no local disk available. So there is probably no Malaysian disk available. Now to the extent audio and climate control operations are integrated into the Navi screen, it might be nice for you to have them in English, but the is probably no way to have local roads or mapping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have the same problem - Japanese Odyssey imported into New Zealand. Great car, but the whole computer and nav system is in Japanese.
I can live wihtout the Nav system showing NZ roadmaps, but is there any way to get the comp system translated into English (so we can use music system etc.) and if so, how do you go about it?

A link to an english version of the manuals would also be very much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,
K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have just recently purchased a Japanese model 2004, and it freaks me out when all of a sudden this japanese chick starts telling you off, or trying to give directions or whatever.... AND WE CAN'T TURN HER OFF!!! It is mildly amusing when the satnav shows you driving over a golf estate, or flying over water... But seriously, it would be great to be able to use the sound system, especially since it rips your cd's to hard-drive, but then you struggle to find it to play it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Japanese Odyssey 2004 need to locate shift solenoid D

Hi

Problem with my japanese Odyssey 2004 P1733 & P0780 need to locate shift Solenoid D & Clutch pressure control solenoid Valve C .

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards

Imteyaz

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
The International version of the Odyssey (with conventional- not sliding doors) has a 2.4 L K24A VTEC I4, so I'm guessing they're along the front side of the engine. If there's a black plastic shroud on the top of the engine, remove it and you should see it better.
You say you have an L, the Wiki says it came in Small, Medium and Large! :ROFLMAO: (In Japan, the third generation Odyssey was initially available in S, M, L and Absolute grade levels.) And back in 2008 and 2016 we didn't have an Honda Odyssey International section in the Forum. Probably better to ask future questions there. Although I'm curious how you got yours, and how are you liking your smaller compact Ody? :unsure:

Reactions: 2011.2017.odyssey

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
How can you take a picture of it if you don't know where it is? At least we should know where the motor is!
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Car Hood

• Haha
Reactions: 2011.2017.odyssey

·
Administrator
15,265 Posts
Trying to locate where the spark plug on the 2004 Honda odyssey L edition. Thanks
Since you are using a VPN server in Texas, trying to locate/ascertain if you are a future spammer. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts