Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also imported exactly the same lights from Japan. But the problem with the ligts is following: in dark or nigts the lights are totally invisible, absolutely no reflection. Now I begin to worry to stop the car by roadside. Also there is no homolagation for the lights outside Japan. Beside that the look is great.

www.grabexim.pl/odyssey

·
Registered
5 Posts
When you drive all is OK.

Turn the engine off and go behind your car with a torch, then you will learn that that illuminative lights (that look great in daylight) are fake at night.
No reflection at all!

When I looked at Japanese auctions with our hondas, I foud that the Japanese are mounting extra additional reflective lights beside this normal ones and now I understand why.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Most of these aftermarket taillights do not have a built in reflector. So you add one to your van (as you mentioned). It's not fake- it's just not legal in most locations without an added reflector. Many new cars/vans/trucks have a separate reflector mounted on the bumper.
My tails came with a separate reflector that I mounted under the lights. (My photo was taken before I added the reflector)

·
Registered
164 Posts
HMMMM

Im interested in these tail lights here but have a question, could these be heated and seperated, similar to the process used on clearing the corner lenses?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts