Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neat gesture open/close on sliding doors. More luxury - Japan, Malaysia, and China buyers are normally chauffeured around.

Once again, Autoblog/Verizon/AOL/Oath has no clue about editing and features (see: proximity lock comment). We already have it, beep or not.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but also ... yes, the Japan (and international market) Odyssey does have a shift lever, as noted in another thread months ago:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are also running I4s
Yeah I noticed that.
If Honda was further along (read: more successful) with hybrids like Toyota one would think the Odyssey would be an I-4 hybrid by now (see: Toyota Sienna).

But... then again... Honda basically has it across the model line like Toyota...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Neat gesture open/close on sliding doors. More luxury - Japan, Malaysia, and China buyers are normally chauffeured around.

Once again, Autoblog/Verizon/AOL/Oath has no clue about editing and features (see: proximity lock comment). We already have it, beep or not.
The new Sienna has the gesture-open side doors.

I thought you had to wait till all the doors were closed to push the button on the door handle? I could be wrong? Same with walk-away...all doors have to be closed before you start to walk away...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought you had to wait till all the doors were closed to push the button on the door handle? I could be wrong? Same with walk-away...all doors have to be closed before you start to walk away...
It's annoying but it works - my wife has linked to her key but not mine.
It will double (triple?) beep to warn you sometimes - if the drivers door is (isn't?) the last one closed.
Regardless, Autoblog/Oath/Verizon/AOL is a PoS edited by imbeciles.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's annoying but it works - my wife has linked to her key but not mine.
It will double (triple?) beep to warn you sometimes - if the drivers door is (isn't?) the last one closed.
Regardless, Autoblog/Oath/Verizon/AOL is a PoS edited by imbeciles.
Agreed! At least it tells you...and everyone else in the parking garage...that you are more than 6 feet away and your doors aren’t locked!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
Gesture opening of doors would be great--so would those rims!

Reactions: lindros2

·
Registered
56 Posts

Pacifica has kick to open sliding doors in higher trim levels. I really wish we had that, this elbow gesture seems annoying.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wish Honda would import the smaller JDM Odyssey. I think It would do well here.

Reactions: lindros2

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish Honda would import the smaller JDM Odyssey. I think It would do well here.
this is an age-old discussion. The market - safety regulations, emissions (meh), crash test, size/width, all sorts of stuff - is/are different.
I remember when I first visited the UK in 1998 and Japan in 1999. It was like a different world.
Now? with the internet, it's more like "yeah uh saw that".
Sad for my kids.

·
Registered
733 Posts
this is an age-old discussion. The market - safety regulations, emissions (meh), crash test, size/width, all sorts of stuff - is/are different.
I remember when I first visited the UK in 1998 and Japan in 1999. It was like a different world.
Now? with the internet, it's more like "yeah uh saw that".
Sad for my kids.
Not to mention moving the steeringwheel to the other side! I get that they wouldn't just import it as is, but, you know, Honda probably has a bit of expertise to export cars to the US. I liked the Honda Fit, but wish it was bigger, the JDM Odyssey looked like a good size to me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
why the odyssey kept getting bigger every generation

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
As you know, the American Odyssey is designed and build here in America. We like everything large here in the US :)
The Gen8 US Accord was classified as a large sedan according to EPA. This was sold as Honda Inspire in the Japanese markets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts