Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey Absolute 4WD JDM
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's good Ody fans. I just picked up an 06 Honda Odyssey Absolute 4WD RB2 JDM import here in the USA. Now, I'm super stoked to be rolling in such a rare car and have already gotten compliments on day 1. However... The head unit being in all Japanese and not being able to tune FM radio stations of 90.0 is going to be tough.
Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with modifying the existing software on the head unit to either localize it to the USA or even expand the FM transmitter to allow for high frequency channels?
This OdyAbso came with a double din surround in case I wanted to swap the head unit which I'd prefer not to have to do unless completely necessary.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I know my Dual has settings for European and US FM tuning, but I doubt that your RB2 would have that. For years, the JDM Nav units only guided you on the islands!
How about keeping the stock unit and installing a new unit in the glove box or under the seat?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's an "absolute" beauty. Just under 60k miles, came with BC Coils, Wedsports TC105n wheels as extras and a slew of Mugen parts. Such an incredible deal.

I'll get more fancier photos when I wash her and get the Wedsports on.

-Brohnson

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you dont mind what did you pay for it?
I actually won this in a car raffle. So by some insane luck, I paid $150 for my raffle ticket. In the process of getting it registered so maybe another $300 for title and registration.

These prices look pretty fair here. Mine is the 2006 Odyssey Absolute 4WD which isn't on the list but is close with the one at the bottom. I'm also at just under 60,000 miles. I called an import shop to see what they'd quote it at. In good condition with milage and etc they told me $12k. Seems a little high, but understandable for a shop that sells cars they import.

·
Registered
821 Posts
What a crazy feeling driving on the right side jejej I can't see myself switching gear with my left hand LoL..share whenever u can the inside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They imported a 2005? Are you in one of the states that's more laidback about that sort of thing? Normally under 25 years (so 1995, right now) they're really strict.

I'd love an Alphard...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a crazy feeling driving on the right side jejej I can't see myself switching gear with my left hand LoL..share whenever u can the inside.
Driving on the right isn't bad at all. Just need to adjust to the laslbews a bit. It's also an automatic but it's going to be my family car for now so best have it that way for the Mrs.
I'll snag some interior photos later tonight.

They imported a 2005? Are you in one of the states that's more laidback about that sort of thing? Normally under 25 years (so 1995, right now) they're really strict.

I'd love an Alphard...
This one is an 06 and it was titles in both FL and AZ previously. I'll be at the local DMV tomorrow and will give you an update on how that goes. 👍🏼

1 - 11 of 11 Posts