Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this link:

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/passport.html

They do not have a stealth box for the Ody (yet?) and as I do not yet have my van I don't know where they could put it.

Would there be much or any interest in one of these for the Ody? They are not cheap - $400 but with a separate amp they deliver audio-phile, near competition sound.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It would be nice if they offered one for the Odyssey! Would more than likely get in the way of the 3rd seat folding down. I saw a post where a guy put a bazooka tube strapped to the space where the 3rd row headrests can be stored. If these guys could build a subwoofer that could fit this space, it would sell well.

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I found the perfect place - the "Arm rest" console beside the 3rd seat. It currently has a cup holder and a magazine rack with a cover. Get ried of the unit and replace it with a sealed sub box - perfect!

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's been a while and I don't remember where I saw it, but someone built a custom center console that went between the front seats and contained a sub and amp. They removed the fold down tray assembly but used the tray itself for the top surface of the custom console. The console was carpeted to match and with the factory tray on top, it was very stealth and had an OEM look about it. It might even be possible to hinge the tray so that you had a shallow storage area underneath the tray. The self-powered Infinity Bass Link sub mounted vertically might be ideal for this application. I haven't heard one yet, but from what I read it's far superior to the Clarion or Kelton. I don't want to put anything under the third seat or between the second row seats that interferes with the utility of the van.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts