Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been kicking myself for not waiting for the 2002 to come out, I've been trying to sell my 01 unsuccessfully. I think the combination of living in a fairly small town, slowing economy, and agressive incentives from most car makers has conspired to make it fairly difficult to sell a late model vehicle. I considered trading and had been talking with my salesman about it. Anyway, today he called me - a Mesa Beige EX had arrived, and the person who ordered it had backed out. We haggled a bit and when he offered $2600 difference, I accepted. As a bonus I was able to get a better finance rate from my credit union when I refinanced. I also got the 6 yr 100K zero deductible HondaCare for $755. My 01 only had 7500 miles, so on a per mile basis I took quite a depreciation hit - but nowhere near what it had been if I were to try it with a Caravan or Windstar. Having driven my new car for less than a day, I think I made the right choice. I can feel the difference in power, though I'm taking it easy until I get some miles on it. I still feel there is too much road noise, but the overall feel is more solid; suspension racket is much more muted. Side air bags, 4 wheel discs, 5 speed trans, and all the other upgrades are worth it to me. I also think I like the MB better than my 01's GG. Count me among the happy owners of a 2002 Ody.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats,
I too traded our 01 GG EX last week.
I got a trade of $2,600 less.

That is just fine with me. I turned my car in with 22K miles and did only 6 oil changes.
It was 1 year old on Sept 16th.

My new MB EXL-RES is being built on Monday 9/8. I have bought 7 Honda/Acura cars in the last 18 years. A Honda rep called me personally.

What made me do the deal was I will only have to pay $60 to renew a new Honda Car 7/100 - $0 ded and I also got a $3.9/48 finance deal from AHM Finance.

So my car payment is actually much lower for a slightly higher loan amount

1 - 2 of 2 Posts