Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

My name is Fernando and I am about to purchase (maybe in December) an '08 Touring Odyssey and I'm very excited about that due to it will be my first Minivan but I have some doubts regarding this model.

I've been doing some research here and my main concern is regarding VCM. I'm from Mexico, so I'm not very sure if all the information applies the same (in my understanding, engine and transmission are the same for MEX and USA market).

The van has 93k miles, the previous owner is a friend of mine and he bought it at a Honda dealership from the used section (so hopefully only 2 previous owners), and according to him, there is no issue with this, so far he has only changed the battery once, but no problem with the VCM.

So, with this said, should I buy a VCM Muzzler? Or maybe all my understanding is wrong and we don't have that engine here hahahao_O

I'm planning on having this van for around 3 or 5 years but if I like it, I may end keeping it, anyway, I want to treat her well.

Finally, if there are some other tips or first steps that you can recommend to me for this model, you're welcome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
¡Bienvenido! It's good to do research before you buy any vehicle. Your questions and concerns would be best posted on the 3rd Generation 2005-2010 section of the Forum. I'm sure the consensus will be to 'muzzle' your VCM, and several suggestions on which version would be best.
Thanks! I'll follow your advice and move my question to the other Forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.