Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

My 2000 has started to give me a jolt when it shifts into second gear.

I have a broken front engine mount (I was told it is not bad, perhaps it has gone bad)

Any idea what could be causing this?

How much can I expect to pay to have this mount replaced (I am in Austin,TX)?

Thanks

Just logged 150K miles on this one couple of days ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had jolts going neutral into first... sometimes first into second. In my case I also have broken motor mounts. Before changing the mounts, I went ahead and replaced the O2 sensor on the Cat Converter..... surprise ! The jolt is gone! I can still feel the mounts a little ..but it was nothing like before.

So, check your ODBII codes (if you have any). Find out if your O2 sensor is bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you have hit it right!

My check engine light came couple of weeks ago.

I didn't care much as it had come in the past also (O2 sensors, Honda replaced under warranty at 80,000 or so)

I will clear the code (remove battery connection for sometime). I'll have Autozone read me the code when check engine light comes back.

May I ask you how much did it cost you to have the O2 sensor replaced? I have read somewhere here about a O2 Sensor Spark Plug Non Fouler Fix (If I remember correctly).

Any 2 cents on that?

Thanks for your reply, sincerely appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The sensor, a direct replacement from Autozone was $100....

You can do this yourself, autozone has a special wrench that make removal easy(free rental).. just blast it with penetrating oil the night before.

It's located directly under the front passenger area...sticking out the side of the cat.converter.

I Jacked up the front right to make it easier to disconnect the wire harness. The strain relief that holds the cable can be pulled directly out of the frame.

Took about 10 minutes.

Helps if the engine is a little warm.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleared the code and it has not come back. I did one ATF drain and fill.

I believe that the jolt while shifting into second gear occurs when the engine/transmission is cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts