Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great dealer to work with. Ordered in Dec., wanted it by Spring / April. It will be in by next week. What timing! Many aftermarket mods. being done before delivery and they are working with me on this. Will keep you posted as we zero in on del. date of fri. 3-29-02 @ 5 pm. such precision! Their website says it all gojones.com.

·
Registered
5 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PINODY:
What a great dealer to work with. Ordered in Dec., wanted it by Spring / April. It will be in by next week. What timing! Many aftermarket mods. being done before delivery and they are working with me on this. Will keep you posted as we zero in on del. date of fri. 3-29-02 @ 5 pm. such precision! Their website says it all gojones.com. </font>
PINODY:
Can you tell me what you paid for your Ody ? I live around the Central PA area and we are looking for an EX. The local dealer is offering MSRP and he is also charging a lot more for some options that I want like the added cassette player etc. I want to see if I can get one below MSRP and reasonable prices for options. I dont mind going out of town for a better deal.
Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much has happened since last post and site has been down. It's in! I arrived about an hour after it came off the truck last thurs. the 14th. Fri. it went through the shop for PDI. Now it's on its way for first mods. - For a GREAT deal - call a GREAT Dealer! JONES HONDA 717-394-0711 ask for Crystal or Matt!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mid-week update

now having a webasto power in-built tilt/vent/slide sunroof installed. tomorrow - major cosmetic enhancements begin. stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Re: mid-week update

PINODY said:
now having a webasto power in-built tilt/vent/slide sunroof installed. tomorrow - major cosmetic enhancements begin. stay tuned!
How much did you pay for the sunroof? i got a quote at Americansunroof for $1250 installed.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
PINODY said:
Hey JoesYum If it's an 840 ASC jump on the $1250 now!!! Do they offer Webasto?
I need to get my Ody first, on a waiting list. I haven't really looked into them yet, sounds like they have their own stuff. the web site didn't really say, i don't think. But good friend of mine gets their cars sunroofed from them when they buy a car that doesn't have it as an option and they said none of their cars had any leaks. i just E-mail them and they quoted me that it would be around $1250. Here is their web site, they have 4 locations in Southern Cal. My freind said it took them about 2 to 3 days for install, if they remember right.
http://www.americansunroof.com/

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next...

Sunroof installed! Next - same shop will now dry fit the complete Wings West ground effects Body kit and Commando wing and clear bug deflector. All above items to be painted on mon. to match vehicle color, tafatta white. Since it is an LX, the door handles will be painted T. white also. Oh what the hey, while the paint is flying - might as well paint the front lic. plate holder in case we decide to use it for protecting possibe future front bumper scuff damage with a decorative plate. Still some paint left, lets do the girl also, upper and lower!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "upper and lower"? but I painted my 00 Ody grill the other day. I removed the chrome and sprayed it body color, Canyon Stone Silver (THE best ODY COLOR! :)

actually looks factory! If you didnt KNOW it was chrome before hand, you'd never realize what was done :) a nice sublte mod.

I also did my mirror 'mounts'. I painted the mirrors body color, but ALSO painted the back part that attaches to the van. then trimmed them in black to match the window mouldings. looks better than the EX mirror coloring. http://trickedodyssey.8m.com/Ody3.jpg here is a pic...from LONG ago! :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
paint the Girl AND the Van!?

At least someone is paying attention, I certainly wasn't! Guess you realize by now I meant to say paint the GRILLE. Upper and chrome are a given, but how about the lower grille areas, like fog light openings and in between them? Maybe even the "H" logo?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Re: paint the Girl AND the Van!?

PINODY said:
...fog light openings...
IMHO, the best thing you can do with the fog light openings is install fog lights.

The lenses shine nice in daylight. At night they're even brighter!

Mel

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fogs will be a future mod. done after delivery of 3 - 29 - 02 , this coming fri. @ 5pm. thanks.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Don't paint anything that is black plastic!!!!! it'll look, well, painted :) trust me! I paint for a living! do the chrome only.

as for fog's....DO NOT put them in! instead, get a PRI-racing.com cold air intake! fog lights will block all that HP providing 'cool air' from entering the intake! :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey ODC, great pics. of the before can be found in the ODY. brochure - the afters will be after i receive the van. - thanks for the tip tricked ody.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE: All the paint work will be completed today. Body kit and all other painted components will be installed tomorrow. Still looking at 3 - 29 - 02 @ 5pm delivery date and time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
going too smooth = trouble

things were going too smooth, installer of WW body kit had trouble fitting it all up - several phone calls to WW and installer back and forth / maybe back in gear? If fri. 3-29 , it will be later than 5pm. More like sat. pick up after 1pm. WHEW, sweat it out.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Interesting...my WW kit I was able to fit PERFECTLY! I used only 2 screws on the front and rear, in the center to hold things....there are two little "shelves" that work well for that and line up right against the underneath of the bumper.

I didn't use sideskirts, it was cheaper and looks similiar to just paint the rocker covers from the factory :)

the wing was a different story. I had to cut an opening for the rubber harness gromett, had to reroute the wire to the third light THROUGH the wing, and still have to figure a way to mount the washer squirter....actually have it figured, just no time to do it right now :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Interesting...my WW kit I was able to fit PERFECTLY! I used only 2 screws on the front and rear, in the center to hold things....there are two little "shelves" that work well for that and line up right against the underneath of the bumper.

I didn't use sideskirts, it was cheaper and looks similiar to just paint the rocker covers from the factory :)

the wing was a different story. I had to cut an opening for the rubber harness gromett, had to reroute the wire to the third light THROUGH the wing, and still have to figure a way to mount the washer squirter....actually have it figured, just no time to do it right now :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts