Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched everywhere and found no solution to the problem.
This is my problem.
When I'm going around 40-45mph I have around 1,300rpm. The accelerator pedal gently maintains the set speed. And every few seconds the engine speed jumps up and back. From 1300 rpm to 1400-1500 rpm and they go back up to 1300 rpm. And while jumping, it gently shakes the entire powertrain, engine, gearbox. I feel the vibrations on the car body. As if you were driving on a grater on the road for a while.
What could be causing this problem?
car mileage 94.000 miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I searched everywhere and found no solution to the problem.
This is my problem.
When I'm going around 40-45mph I have around 1,300rpm. The accelerator pedal gently maintains the set speed. And every few seconds the engine speed jumps up and back. From 1300 rpm to 1400-1500 rpm and they go back up to 1300 rpm. And while jumping, it gently shakes the entire powertrain, engine, gearbox. I feel the vibrations on the car body. As if you were driving on a grater on the road for a while.
What could be causing this problem?
car mileage 94.000 miles.
We will need more info to help you. Year and model of your ody, what maintenance have you done lately? First, guess is some restriction in the intake air way. Remove the air cleaner and see if it improves. I have a auto enginuity scanner that I use to see what does not look normal. So if you can one of those or a foxwell it would be a big help.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I believe it is trying to lock up the torque converter but decides not to. I found that cleaning the 3 solenoid screens on the top of the trans helps with it. You can also try replacing the pressure switches and changing the ATF. Best solution is to speed up some or use 3rd gear manually.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved. I went to a Honda service station in Poland. There, information was sent to Honda Japan and it turned out that there is the latest gearbox programming to eliminate these vibrations. Today I changed to the newest programming in the gearbox and everything works very well and the gearbox works velvety. This solved the problem. I hope it won't happen again :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Glad to hear that you got the problem solved for your (year unknown) Odyssey (model unknown)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts