Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Now... back to the subject at hand. Repeating the OP's question, "Do you need to replace both the up- and down-stream O2 sensors at the same time?"

·
Registered
689 Posts
NO. Only the downstream that's on the CAT. Of course if the upstream got damaged in the process, or there is an existing issue/code for it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
On a '03 Odyssey, does Bank 1 Sensor 1 = Upstream, and Bank 1 Sensor 2 = Downstream?

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
I did not read through 19 posts . But was the theft in CALIFORNIA ? If so I'm so glad I bailed out over 12 years ago and left wing policies were destroying the state way back then . Sorry state caters to anyone but law abiding taxpayers. Hope you find a Cat that works for you , Oh ya the sorry Smog check every 2 years , only for Law abiding taxpayers ! Whew glad I left !
I know! Reading is for those elites. Glad you left.

·
Registered
287 Posts
OP, I have an intact parts van, with A rust free exhaust, intact cat and new O2 sensor. May be a looong drive though. BTW, I lived on the border from high school Through 2017. I once said things similar to you, but the more I experienced life, the more I realized that the rhetoric simply isn’t true and that I need to maintain my own conservative values and not listen to the liberal OR the conservative talking heads that deliver facts mixed with agenda. ”Illegals” want to be normal, and to not starve and to enjoy personal security, which they don’t have in Latin America. Their crimes are illegal entry and either evading taxes by working under the table or identity theft for using stolen SSN# to work at McDonalds or Tyson. Yes, in addition to people ignoring the law to try to better themselves, which is as much a travesty as it is a crime, there are real baddies too, but just like 100% home-grown ‘Muricans, they are a small percentage, not the majority. Our first world problems like having discretionary income to feed an illicit drug industry and as a result pay the armies of drug runners to smuggle it and distribute it causes far more crime than a poor brown family who wants to have stability and security.
If you had Italian or Irish ancestry, those first generation immigrants were blamed for the perceived increase in crime where they settled, too. I for one am not comfortable saying such things when I know I have ancestors who were verbally abused the same way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
OP, I have an intact parts van, with A rust free exhaust, intact cat and new O2 sensor. May be a looong drive though. BTW, I lived on the border from high school Through 2017. I once said things similar to you, but the more I experienced life, the more I realized that the rhetoric simply isn’t true and that I need to maintain my own conservative values and not listen to the liberal OR the conservative talking heads that deliver facts mixed with agenda. ”Illegals” want to be normal, and to not starve and to enjoy personal security, which they don’t have in Latin America. Their crimes are illegal entry and either evading taxes by working under the table or identity theft for using stolen SSN# to work at McDonalds or Tyson. Yes, in addition to people ignoring the law to try to better themselves, which is as much a travesty as it is a crime, there are real baddies too, but just like 100% home-grown ‘Muricans, they are a small percentage, not the majority. Our first world problems like having discretionary income to feed an illicit drug industry and as a result pay the armies of drug runners to smuggle it and distribute it causes far more crime than a poor brown family who wants to have stability and security.
If you had Italian or Irish ancestry, those first generation immigrants were blamed for the perceived increase in crime where they settled, too. I for one am not comfortable saying such things when I know I have ancestors who were verbally abused the same way.
if you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sold the cat on my Ody, that I am parting out. A guy showed up w.a sawzall and a floor Jack (hit I put it on ramps). 5 minutes later I was $50 richer and we both made money.

He said that it was worth at least a 100 bucks.

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
8,451 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Oh go peddle one of those VCM Muzzlers and leave me alone . Remember there is no harassment on these forums as per the forum rules of I will tell the Administrator !
Please keep your political opinions to yourself and please don't post them here,
Read the rules here, again, and please don't act like such a jerk.
(yes, I went though most of your 78 posts) Perhaps you should reread them yourself and see how you come across. Like looking at a mirror.
In my opinion, you add nothing, but just bitch and accuse others who try and actually do help. :(
Buffalo4

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I do have comprehensive but with 1K deductible so not practical.
That's why comprehensive insurance is hardly worth having on an older vehicle.

Damage that is much more than the deductible can exceed the cost to total the vehicle, effectively limiting the amount of coverage.

It's a dilemma with a well-maintained Gen 2 Ody that may have many years of service remaining, yet have a low market value.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts