Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put down my 5 Benjamins today for an EXL-RES (Mesa Beige), due for delivery in 12-16 weeks. The salesman said it could be sooner since they've gotten some in ahead of time, but he didn't want to give me an unrealistic estimate. I'm ordering it through John Eagle Honda, and the folks there couldn't have been nicer. I felt very comfortable dealing with them, which almost never happens with me and car dealers.

So now I wait...

------------------
'02 MB EXL-RES on order... woo!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats! We ordered a GG EX-L RES from John Eagle in mid-November. After originally being told 8-10 weeks, we're in week 11 with hopefully just 3 weeks remaining until arrival. (This has almost been like waiting for a new member of the family to arrive.) The "Eagle Edge" customer care program is what sold me. Hope you get yours early.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002EXODY:
Hope that Eagle warranty is a Honda Care rebadged name.

</font>
The <a href="http://www.johneaglehonda.com/eagle_edge.htm">"Eagle Edge"</a> does not appear to include a warranty.

IMHO, Eagle Edge does not strike me as an extremely huge plus.

Most dealerships will give free estimates, give you a number to call to speak with a service advisor, etc.. If the dealership charges higher prices for service, the rest of the benefits are easily supplanted.

Regards,

Maugham<font color="#f7f7f7">

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 02-01-2002).]

·
Registered
149 Posts
htown,
I read that link that Maugham put in. As he pointed out, there is no warranty noted. I would suggest you get the Honda Care extended warranty in lieu of the Eagle Edge.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Never confused the Eagle Edge with a warranty and no, it's not a HUGE plus but, in addition to John Eagle's solid reputation and the fact that they haven't tried to stick us on price, is enough to make them stand out over other area dealers. Among other things, "Eagle Edge" includes a loaner car, free 24 hour towing and roadside assistance within 50 miles, free shuttle and free car wash with every service. All simple but nice conveniences at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. It's sometimes the little things that make the difference.

Thanks for the advice. This is a great site with a lot of knowledgable owners on board and I look forward to learning a lot more about my Odyssey. There are rumors that it will be in my driveway within the month.

[This message has been edited by htown (edited 02-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by htown (edited 02-01-2002).]

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
A "free" car wash with any service seems to be a fairly standard practice at many dealerships. When I stopped in to get my license plates they asked me if I wanted my car washed, I did. I jokingly asked if I could come in every week to get the "license plates adjusted" so they'd wash the car. The kid that put the plates on said they'd wash it anytime I wanted to stop by. I think it's a nice touch.

Mel

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002EXODY:
Wow sounds like you have a good dealer htown. Good for you. I wish we had a good one near us.

</font>
John Eagle has a good reputation in the area -- several people recommended them, and I've been impressed so far. We'll see how the whole process goes. The deal I got wasn't much to brag about -- 30K even ($190 under MSRP) -- but there are no add-ons or option tricks, just 30K + TTL & delivery.

------------------
'02 MB EXL-RES on order... woo!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered my EX RRP on Nov. 30th, it should arrive around April 1st. I called the dealer on Jan. 26th and was told that my salesman has since quit and they will be asigning me a different one soon. I haven't heard anything back from them yet. They did give me a build date of Feb. 26th and that they could receive the VIN. number within two weeks after that.If all goes well I will have waited 17 weeks.It does allow me more time to research the 2002 Ody, seeing what problems other people are having and to save more for the down payment, but 4 months is a long time to wait for a new toy. I want it now Santa, Please O please.

Come on spring time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have also now joined the waiting list fraternity. After months of driving different vans and advice from a Ford mechanic I put my deposit down for a GG EX. I was told to expect it in about 12 weeks. I did find a couple available at the end of this month 3 hours away. However taking into account the extra tax, gas, and time to close the deal I decided to buy locally. I also feel that I may be better taken care of by the local dealer if any problems should arise.

I would like to thank everyone that posted there issues, good and bad, on this forum. Information is the greatest tool a car buyer can have.

------------------
02 GG EX on order
95 Ford Crown Victoria
93 Ford F-150

1 - 11 of 11 Posts