Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered our 2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES. No money off MSRP but 5 free oil changes and tire rotations, free tires for life, and 300,000 mile engine guarantee. Should be here mid-October. Not too happy that dealers are not negotiating but saw Ocoee auction report and 2000 Oddysey 24,000 miles went for $24,800. Pretty good resale value I must say. Looking forward to another Honda.

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 02ODDYSEA:
Just ordered our 2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES. No money off MSRP but 5 free oil changes and tire rotations, free tires for life, and 300,000 mile engine guarantee. Should be here mid-October. Not too happy that dealers are not negotiating but saw Ocoee auction report and 2000 Oddysey 24,000 miles went for $24,800. Pretty good resale value I must say. Looking forward to another Honda.

</font>
Dang! How'd you get all that great stuff with your '02 order?! Dealers in Columbus aren't offering things like that. We ended up going with our dealer just because they had the lowest price on leather install before Honda announced the factory leather. (They also gave us the best information over the phone when we were doing our research. Salespeople that are rude or unfriendly over the phone should really take note!) Also, there was no issue with them putting a sticker or emblem advertising where the Ody came from -- do dealers all over do that now? It's so annoying! They should have to pay their buyers an advertising fee!

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do they provide a 300K mile engine guarantee and free tires for life? Totally new to me.

You might have to get all your service done at the dealer for the 300K warranty but please let us know the details.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine guarantee and the free tires for life are standard features of the dealership. You would have to take your vehicle in for servicing for this promotion to be valid; however I have the luxury of knowing the owner and can do all my servicing myself and keep that extended warranty. I have always done my own service work unless it is too complicated. If you keep your vehicles for 5 or plus years than this is a pretty good deal. Being that I know the owner helps in the aspect that I received oil changes, etc...but I also get to choose some accessories at no charge because he could not discount the Odyssey on paper. Overall I feel satisfied that I didn't have to pay a markup, will be receiving accesories, and have extra perks. I guess that makes up for the owner not discounting the price. Looking forward to October.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts