Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to relay one of the easier Ody buying experiences. We had been looking for a week or so for an '02. We were initially interested in the MDX but they are harder to get than Ody's. Happened by one of the local dealers on Monday (from whom I had purchased a CRX 13 years ago) and took delivery on Friday. We got an LX (GG), which are probably more plentiful than EXs. Really love the room and smoothness of the powertrain. I would like to install the keyless entry and CD changer from H and A and have looked at the instructions. My concern is removing the panel on the dash without messing it up. Question- Does anybody out there have tips on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> I would like to install the keyless entry and CD changer from H and A and have looked at the instructions. My concern is removing the panel on the dash without messing it up. Question- Does anybody out there have tips on how to do this? Thanks in advance. </font>
Hi Thirdonway,

I can get a couple of fingers under the panal that trims the radio and AC controls at the steering colume under the gear shifter. It's a bit stiff on a new vehicle so you might have to pull pretty hard at first but once the first clip lets go, the rest follow pretty easily. Just be careful not to pinch yourself. You'll be releasing the clips along the bottom of the panal and then work your way up. You may need to move the gear shifter all the way down to D1 to help it clear the shifter but it should pull out without too much trouble.

This worked well for me and I prefer it to using the small screwdriver and towel that's recommended in the instructions.

Good luck & let us know how it goes.

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid175 (edited 10-28-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts