Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking delivery next week. Let's just say i got an amazing deal (actually under cost, and YES i know what cost is on the vehicle, including incentives and discounts), but it does have 13K on the clock.

I hope to post some pics next week as they are cleaning it up and doing an A type service (along with fixing a scratched bumper).

I have been active on the accord forums as I've also got an 05 Accord. Hopefully, I'll be able to add some value to this site as i've been working on cars all my life!

Pics to follow.

Aside from this whole battery thing, I noticed a recall for the wiper linkage and asked them to do that as well. Are there any other items I should be concerned with?

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whoops

I seem to have hit the '2' in the thread title...Mods, can you please fix it, i can't seem to edit the title of the thread.

It's a 2011

Rich

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just curious - what was the final price?
Are there any discounts right now?
The best that I was able to get so far on Odyssey EX-RES is invoice + $1,500. But this is new. Should I be looking to reduce this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm taking delivery next week. Let's just say i got an amazing deal (actually under cost, and YES i know what cost is on the vehicle, including incentives and discounts), but it does have 13K on the clock.

I hope to post some pics next week as they are cleaning it up and doing an A type service (along with fixing a scratched bumper).

I have been active on the accord forums as I've also got an 05 Accord. Hopefully, I'll be able to add some value to this site as i've been working on cars all my life!

Pics to follow.

Aside from this whole battery thing, I noticed a recall for the wiper linkage and asked them to do that as well. Are there any other items I should be concerned with?

Thanks,

Richard
Congrats.. however, I'm always leary of very new vehicles that are for sale on a dealer lot. I wonder why the previous owner got rid of a 2011 with 13k miles? Unless this was a dealer demo. driven by the owner or higher ups at the dealership. Yes you should have gotten a great price since it's used...with 13k miles on it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's a lot of miles for such a new vehicle. Maybe they were trying to get rid of the BMS issue as per Honda's instructions. Sorry, I couldn't let it go by.:p

Anyway, I'd be curious as to what the dealer says.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
That's a lot of miles for such a new vehicle. Maybe they were trying to get rid of the BMS issue as per Honda's instructions. Sorry, I couldn't let it go by.:p
The question is, does all the driving really solves the problem? I hope so :p

Welcome to the forums, a 13k kms (8k miles) right? Possibly the dealership loaner car? Not as bad as a rental one, but if you say you have worked on cars you should be fine. I hope you drove it and had it inspected before signing!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think richpor meant 13,000 kilometers, which is around 8,100 miles.

Still not an insignificant amount. I bet the floor manager has been driving it around for a while.

richpor, what color did you get? Any accessories?

:coolio:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I wonder why the previous owner got rid of a 2011 with 13k miles?
The thread title indicates this was a dealer demo, not a trade. Also, note that the OP is in Toronto, so that is probably 13k km, not 13k miles...which equates to 8k miles.

oops, looks like I was about 12 minutes too late with this explanation, as others beat me to it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, it was the dealership owner's van. came with all weather mats and a cargo tray, hood deflector and splash guards, wheel locks, but no roof rack.

i get parts at jobber pricing, so no big whoop there for me..

13K km, or 8000 Mi.

final price on the road 49,500, HST incl (13% tax)

i figured thats not bad as cost is 43,231 plus 1590 freight and pdi plus enviro tax, etc... warranty not punched yet and starts the day i get it.

its alabaster silver with a truffle leather interior. i tset drove a bunch of then, cant find a touring up here at all and a factory order might take months...

pics to follow

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just curious - what was the final price?
Are there any discounts right now?
The best that I was able to get so far on Odyssey EX-RES is invoice + $1,500. But this is new. Should I be looking to reduce this?
Thanks.
Sisley will do it for 500 over, but then they want their 800 BS admin fees. Smaller dealers like georgetown honda will only ask for 295 admin +500 over invoice, but you have to tell them you have a fleet deal ready to go at another dealer and then they will do it. Problem is actually getting it. Nobody really knows how long a factory order will take, so if they tell you 2 weeks, they are full of it.

God luck, and bargain hard!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The question is, does all the driving really solves the problem? I hope so :p

Welcome to the forums, a 13k kms (8k miles) right? Possibly the dealership loaner car? Not as bad as a rental one, but if you say you have worked on cars you should be fine. I hope you drove it and had it inspected before signing!
Spent the morning at the dealership, no accidents, drove it, inspected it and found ten small items that i didnt like. They said they would fix them all. It's clean and straight and was in stock, my pos 02 venture is ready for the scrap heap and i didnt want to risk taking 4-6 weeks at best for delivery. Roadsport honda has another demo in stock and so does georgetown. The georgetown one they will do for 500 over invoice and its got a roof rack, but its got 10k on it and the warranty has been punched. Its also been driven hard and had a lot of stone chip damage. They are "throwing in" the honda plus 8 year warranty at that price, but it's black and i didnt want black

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sisley will do it for 500 over, but then they want their 800 BS admin fees. Smaller dealers like georgetown honda will only ask for 295 admin +500 over invoice, but you have to tell them you have a fleet deal ready to go at another dealer and then they will do it. Problem is actually getting it. Nobody really knows how long a factory order will take, so if they tell you 2 weeks, they are full of it.

God luck, and bargain hard!
Thanks,
I am currently talking to Oakville Honda and Mississauga Honda.
I am not in a hurry, but need vehicle for the end of June (fixed date).
Will see what happens - good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks,
I am currently talking to Oakville Honda and Mississauga Honda.
I am not in a hurry, but need vehicle for the end of June (fixed date).
Will see what happens - good luck with your purchase!
Yeah, i went for the one in hand as a factory order might take months. Besides, if you are going to factory order now, why not wait a few months and get the 2012?

·
Registered
755 Posts
i guess our van has the most miles on the '11 ody yet.. we currently have 12k miles on her haha..

congrats on your new ride!!

·
Banned
728 Posts
yes, it was the dealership owner's van. came with all weather mats and a cargo tray, hood deflector and splash guards, wheel locks, but no roof rack.

13K km, or 8000 Mi.

i figured thats not bad as cost is 43,231 plus 1590 freight and pdi plus enviro tax, etc... warranty not punched yet and starts the day i get it.

its alabaster silver with a truffle leather interior. i tset drove a bunch of then, cant find a touring up here at all and a factory order might take months...

pics to follow
I'm having a hard time understanding why you think the deal is "not bad" (sorry, I don't mean to sound rude - not my intention). You paid $49,500 out the door, but I calculate a deal at invoice would be about $50,647 (including taxes), but minus the mud guards and block heater. If you gave the dealer $1,000 over invoice (I paid $500 over invoice earlier in March), you would have paid about $2,000 - $2,500 more for a new van without mileage.

I'm not sure how long you keep your vehicles, but I'd pay the extra $2,500 to ensure I didn't buy a van driven by "test pilots" for 13,000 kms. You should also keep in mind that a good deal would have been below invoice as the dealer has most certainly taken CCA (capital cost allowance = depreciation) on the unit based on a percentage of his cost, saving him corporate tax dollars. This is subtracted from what the vehicle's dead cost is on his books. You should be entitled to a portion of this if he is offering you a good deal.

I guess $2000 - 2,500 is allot of money, but I think on a $50,000 purchase, I'd have wanted to save a bit more if I was getting a "used new vehicle" even if it had the full warranty.

Just my $0.02 worth, so enjoy your new purchase. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm having a hard time understanding why you think the deal is "not bad" (sorry, I don't mean to sound rude - not my intention). You paid $49,500 out the door, but I calculate a deal at invoice would be about $50,647 (including taxes), but minus the mud guards and block heater. If you gave the dealer $1,000 over invoice (I paid $500 over invoice earlier in March), you would have paid about $2,000 - $2,500 more for a new van without mileage.

I'm not sure how long you keep your vehicles, but I'd pay the extra $2,500 to ensure I didn't buy a van driven by "test pilots" for 13,000 kms. You should also keep in mind that a good deal would have been below invoice as the dealer has most certainly taken CCA (capital cost allowance = depreciation) on the unit based on a percentage of his cost, saving him corporate tax dollars. This is subtracted from what the vehicle's dead cost is on his books. You should be entitled to a portion of this if he is offering you a good deal.

I guess $2000 - 2,500 is allot of money, but I think on a $50,000 purchase, I'd have wanted to save a bit more if I was getting a "used new vehicle" even if it had the full warranty.

Just my $0.02 worth, so enjoy your new purchase. :)
I agree 100% as well. The OP deal was really not that great.

·
Registered
427 Posts

13K km, or 8000 Mi.

pics to follow
I've never heard of someone (USA) getting a new model year vehicle with 8k miles on it that the warranty wasn't already in effect on.. unless Canadian rules/laws are different. In the USA, that 2011 Oddy driven by the dealers owner with 8k miles on it, would have already have had the warranty start. I would call honda and verify that...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I've never heard of someone (USA) getting a new model year vehicle with 8k miles on it that the warranty wasn't already in effect on.. unless Canadian rules/laws are different. In the USA, that 2011 Oddy driven by the dealers owner with 8k miles on it, would have already have had the warranty start. I would call honda and verify that...
so, to answer the last few posts. the dealer price for this van is 43,231 cad + 1590 freight and pdi. let's consider that this is in canadian dollars and even though our dollar is worth more, we still end up paying more for the same thing up here :nothappy:. now, let's add 500 for the dealer to flip the car and we are @ 45,500 (to round th number a little). Now, if you look at my invoie, my purchase price on the car was 43,805. that includes the hood deflector ($100) the mud flaps ($100), the all weather mats and cargo tray ($400) and wheel locks ($30). let's just call it $600 worth of stuff and we haven't added the $500.00 for the dealer flip yet, so there's $1100 worth o stuff thrown in. bringing the price down to 42,700 - far below dealer cost. there are no holdbacks on oddys right now and no incentives. in fact, you can't even get a touring up here and nobody really knows when you will be able to get one...

This was the dealership owner's van, NOT the dealer demo, no test pilots. so, i don't think car dealers are in business to give cars away or even sell them at a break even point. I think i did alright considering.... and I have the honda canada printout that the warranty IS NOT punched yet, so it starts tomorrow.

Anyone else purchased an odyssey for dead cost? and yes i know it has 13k on the clock, but that really didnt bother me as much as waing perhaps 3 months to take delivery of a new one (mabye)

Now... having said all that, where on earth do I get my HFP suspension kit and lip kits for this thing :)

Still don't think I got a decent deal?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts