Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got a used 2000 Ody with a pro rebuilt vtech in it. The navigation system doesnt seem to work, thought I see if there was anyone here that might know whats wrong. When it comes on it stays on the Intro Honda Nav screen for several minutes. If I don't touch anyything it eventually goes to a blank screen with other a 'setup' and 'shutdown' option. I tried to put a DVD into the player - I have no clue if it has DVD or not, I pruchased at auction and recieved little info about the those types of things - and it caused the screen to give me the message 'Invalid DVD contact manfac.' or something like that. Is this thing shot?

If so is it difficult/pricey to take this crap out and put something else there? I won't use the GPS because I know how to read street signs and maps (weird, right?) but having a TV there would help.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I think the 2000 has to have the Nav DVD in the drive to operate. Any thing can be replaced. It is only limited by the knowledge of the person doing it and only you can answer that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts