Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I just bought a 2000 Ody. One owner EX model, all records from new, no rust or acccidents. Has a tranny starting to go sour but still driveable once it reaches operating temps. Everything else works fine.

Priced well (not going to say as it starts a war) but at worst case, can put a trans into it and still far less than to buy with a "good" trans. All the other issues don't bother me as I can deal with them.

I am a glutton for punishment. Either that or need a new project to keep me busy. :stupid:
I kind of miss all the extra room of our 05, and the rear heater for the kids.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wars.... never seen one about price...

Hey it's your money and this is a free continent isn't it

Well it was until the body scanners at the airports

Where did u find it?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know the "my buddy just bought one for $15.50 guy" will chime in. :stupid:

Saw the ad in a local rag, guy was going to part it out. I have other rides (see sig) till the trans is repaired and think I might keep it. Like the extra room for my two rapidly growing boys.
The price is really fair. If you had to get somebody do it for you, then not. I will change it myself and still be $2K less than what others are listed at. :eek:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
mjody said:
I kind of miss all the extra room of our 05, and the rear heater for the kids.
The 2000 didn't have rear heat? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Re: Re: Just slipping into my flame retardent suit

psu ody fan said:
He's talking about the 1996 I think. The 2000 has it and I believe the 1996 only has that one A/C blower thing above the driver/passenger front seats.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Just slipping into my flame retardent suit

psu ody fan said:
Roof vents for the heater. The first gens did not get this in Canada, we only got your LX model.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So a done deal and saving money for a new trans. The owner gave me a 4" thick folder with the original bill of sale and all receipts from new. The trans fluid has been replaced 7 times and still failed. :rolleyes:
Timing belt, water pump and valve adjust already done, new tires, brakes, etc... Runs really nice except for the BANG, THUMP, CLANG. :D
Can't wait to get it fixed and start using it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I never really paid much attention to my rear heat/ac until a few days ago in my 2000

How mine works (and it may very well be broke) is that the A/C comes out of the roof vents, but the rear heat comes out of a rather large vent behind the 3rd seat.

Anyways, congrats on your purchase, while my tranny is still good, I'm trying to convince myself to spend $1500 on my second timing belt, water pump, rebuild the front end and get the valves adjusted.

I can see me doing all that then my tranny dies.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
KFWA said:
I never really paid much attention to my rear heat/ac until a few days ago in my 2000

How mine works (and it may very well be broke) is that the A/C comes out of the roof vents, but the rear heat comes out of a rather large vent behind the 3rd seat.
That's how it works. They are separate setups. $1500 for a timing belt????? Ouch! You mention the front end so maybe you are also adding struts and other items.

·
Registered
40 Posts
not completely sure yet, just know that I'm overdue on some standard parts

I have 182K miles

I can visually see dryrot on bootcovers and what not. I've already replaced the struts and shocks about 2 months ago - just figured I might as well finish it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts