Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just letting people know that it can be done.... you need the cd accord mounts and u are straight from there.... u need any k24 any manual acorrd/tsx k series 5/6 speed tranny. you obviously need to do more then that but its the basic stuff. hasports has mounts and axels. if i had 5k i so would do this

·
Registered
207 Posts
lowvanu2 said:
I've been thinking about this for a long time, it's the price that stops me... and I would still want it to be auto...
K24A2's are still costly, but the lower compression (non-performance) counterparts, the K24A1 and K24A4, can be had for rather cheap money. Now, it's not an entirely ENORMOUS power gain, but you do get much needed torque. As for the Automatic issues, you could still utilize an Automatic. You'll just have to do some modification to an Accord, Element, or CR-V shifting mechanism. You'll also need the standard Automatic ECU, custom transmission-side axle, and transmission mount.

·
Registered
207 Posts
cxjon2 said:
auto tranny wont fit have to do manual swap
The Automatic transmission can fit in the bay, with minor modifications. It'd still need custom mounts, though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
cxjon2 said:
the hasports guy it wont work.... oh well
The Hasport guys haven't built a kit for it, sure. But, that's only because they don't want to invest in a chassis that doesn't have a main stream following like other chassis out there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
cxjon2 said:
cd accord has a big fallowing
It pales in comparison to a Civic chassis, bud. And, in all fairness, there are differences between a CD engine bay, and the RA engine bay.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Height gives room for transmission housing clearance, bud. ;)

I've got both a K24 auto and a K24 manual transmission, and the sizing differences aren't substantial.

·
Registered
207 Posts
cxjon2 said:
i would be game for auto...... you can find them for as low as 250 on ebay the last time i looked
I'm working on an '02-'04 Odyssey complete swap, at the moment. I'd like to have some solid torque figures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts