Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys keep the sliding doors open in your garage?
The interior lights do turn off after a few minutes, does the car drain battery power w/ the doors open for hours or days?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I close my doors because I don't want bugs and other things getting in. I think the lights go off after 15 minutes, that's a pretty long duration, plus don't be surprised to get the low battery warning which everyone seems to get anyways.

·
Registered
400 Posts
may I ask why do you want 'em open.

One time my wife accidentally forgot to close the sliding door and i was so worried because it was like 4-5hrs duration.. Well, good thing the battery didn't die :).. I dont know why, I didn't even have the 'low batt warning'..

Phil, I think 15 mins is too long. We unload some of our stuff on vacation and all lights went-off (IIRC) for like 5 mins max..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Small strange animals going to find warm and cozy home:) You will never know what you going to find in your garage. Scary huh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My other car in the garage is a convertible, its top is always down, and so far there is no animal / bug problem.

The main reason I don't close the doors is to save a close and open cycle on both sliding doors. I imagine 4 open / close actions use more or less the same amt of power to turn on 15 mins of interior light. Plus i don't have to wait and fiddle w/ the keys when I get to the car when I leave home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts