Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the Kelton and the fog lights share the same fuse port as the heated seats on a 2002. I installed the fogs with the supplied 'Y' pigtail with no problem.
Anyone see a problem adding yet another accessory to this port? The Kelton Sub, I believe, comes with a'Y' pigtail.
So, a 'double Y' wiring config into a single port? Sounds hinky...

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I would understand your concerns. The problem is not so much adding another accessory port, but exceeding the current limitation of the wiring supplying current to that circuit. Add as many "y" pigtails as long as the current limit is not reached. What's the max current? That's the golden question... Is there any kind of label indicating max current for that circuit?

Having said that, if Honda OKs putting both accessories in the '02, sharing the same wiring as the heated seats, it shouldn't be a problem, as Honda SHOULD have tested this setup. Some on this forum with '99-'01 Odys have successfully put in both fogs and the sub in their Ody with no problems (at least that I've heard of).

But like you said, all the pigtails does seem a big hokey...

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply- I put a call into the local dealer. The service manager had not a clue as to whether this was a problem or not. I hate it when they tell a customer that the customer knows more about something than they do.
However, he was going to contact Honda for me and find out. I guess there aren't too many '02s out there with heated seats, fogs and the sub. Woes me.
Would love to know if anyone out there has done this yet....

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinjohn:
Some on this forum with '99-'01 Odys have successfully put in both fogs and the sub in their Ody with no problems (at least that I've heard of).

But like you said, all the pigtails does seem a big hokey...

</font>

I can vouch for that. I've got both the fog lights and sub woofer on my '01 LX with no problem whatsoever.

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Intrepid175:

I can vouch for that. I've got both the fog lights and sub woofer on my '01 LX with no problem whatsoever.

</font>
Yeah, but you don't have heated seats, and I think that could present a problem. If you have the heaters on "high" with the foglights on and the sub pounding away, that seems like a lot of current draw on one circuit. Not sure how much current the heated seats pull, but it seems like there should be a better way to do this...

------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Ody! That is my point exactly. I guess I could just hook 'em up and wait for the smoke...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dumb question, but where is the subwoofer located on the 2002? I ordered mine with it and the dealer seemed to think it went between the front two seats. Doesn't seem right, but nothing surprises me anymore!

-Kurt

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Sub goes under the Driver's seat.

I have the foglights and the Sub on my '00. As I recall, the foglights draw power directly from the battery. I think the inside connection just powers a relay and the switch led.

Being that the fogs didn't work with the 02's until they came up with the adapter, I'm not sure how well this was engineered. I tend to think that groups of Engineers work in seperate vacuums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts