Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Honda Odyssey key issue

Hello, unfortunately for my first post I have to talk about an issue with my 2010 Honda Odyssey. We just bought it about a month ago and we already have problems. At first we thought the keys were out of battery so we replaced them but to no avail they still did not work. After that we had someone come in and program a new set of keys. that solved the problem for a bit until recently, the keys stopped working again. The only difference being that some days they work and some days they don’t. We’ve asked a lot of people but we still haven’t gotten a good answer. Please note that the batteries are new and the keys were recently programmed.

· Registered
710 Posts
Please keep in mind that the KEYS are different from the FOBS. Please don't combine the two together when talking about them because it can get really confusing what you are referring to. The FOBS have a battery and can be programmed yourself. The KEYS have NO battery and must be programmed with the Honda HDS or equivalent high level scan tool. Which are you talking about?

· Registered
81 Posts
2010 Honda Odyssey key issue

Hello, unfortunately for my first post I have to talk about an issue with my 2010 Honda Odyssey. We just bought it about a month ago and we already have problems. At first we thought the keys were out of battery so we replaced them but to no avail they still did not work. After that we had someone come in and program a new set of keys. that solved the problem for a bit until recently, the keys stopped working again. The only difference being that some days they work and some days they don’t. We’ve asked a lot of people but we still haven’t gotten a good answer. Please note that the batteries are new and the keys were recently programmed.
Hello @20kongjk How many miles on this 2010? Thinking it could be your master window control unit (driver door buttons). The receiver antenna for your FOB is located in there. Does it function properly? Anything spilled on it?

· Registered
2010 EX-L
5,467 Posts
Very confusing post: Key or FOB? Two completely different things. I assume you mean the FOB, since that's the title of your post.

As said, if you ruled out the transmitter, then it must be the receiver, which is part of the master window switch assembly in the drivers door armrest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.