1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Would be a good upgrade.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The remote and key are one assembly. The older style has the key and remote separate.
Why not go with the TL/ MDX style flip key at that point? I think it will program the same. I guess you do lose the sliding door feature, but it may be worth it for the LX owners

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Check out eternity key- got one for my ridgeline and really like it’s rigid construction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this, my Accord has the same style key and I hate the design, I'm afraid it's gonna break every time I put it in my pocket. I really wish Honda did a proper switchblade key, it might be a little tacky, but it would also save a lot of headache from keys breaking

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Probably the remote part of the key will work, but you will need a dealer to program the immobilizer, our vans have those, don't they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not so concerned with the key breaking, but the constant unintended opening of doors OR WINDOWS due to the 2015 type remote getting pressure from other objects or bending cloth when in a jeans pocket, etc. Any time I hear a car alarm horn going off I know I recently bent over or pushed my pocket against something. DOES ANY KEY OR FOB HAVE BUTTONS LIKE GM THAT TAKE AN INTENTIONAL FORCE TO OPERATE RATHER THAN A RANDOM PRESSURE??? Is ETERNITY KEY a brand name./? google didnt pop anything up. thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts