Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k., this one is, I think, pretty weird!
I've had my '97 Ody for a couple of years. The keyless (remote) entry has worked like a charm...click the LEFT remote button, all doors lock...click the RIGHT remote button, all doors unlock....just as advertised.
Then this weekend (following hard, hard rains), I click the LEFT remote button and all doors lock *AND* the horn blows once! I click the RIGHT remote button and all doors unlock *AND* the horn blows twice!
I've never had the horn blow before, it feels like I've flipped an option/switch somewhere to make this happen.
Any thoughts on what's up?
thanks,
b myers

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried to repeat the procedure (hold both buttons) and see what happens?
hey there, thanks very much for your reply. I'm not sure I completely understand what you were suggesting, but I tried pushing both buttons at the same time and it did not change the results I wrote about above :frown::frown:

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Does the 97 have factory alarm. If so you should check all the door and hood switches. Just a suggestion as I know nothing about the 97....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the 97 have factory alarm. If so you should check all the door and hood switches. Just a suggestion as I know nothing about the 97....
william, thanks for your reply!
nope, the '97 - at least not mine - does not have a factory alarm system.
btw, I've just realized that I should have Titled this thread "Remote Locking adds horn...", not "Keyless Entry adds horn..."
sorry :redface::redface:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts