Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 2 remote fobs for my 2007 exl res/navi odyssey stopped working a few weeks ago. I thought it was the batteries in the remotes so I replaced them. I still can not lock/unlock/open doors. The red light on the fobs light up when I press a key so I know the batteries are fine. I tried to reprogram them by the method I saw on line. Putting key in ignition, turning on so dashboard lights up / press lock button on fob, turn off, repeat 4 times, etc... Still nothing... I have a 3rd party remote starter on my van. The remote fob for this works fine so I am able to start my car, lock and unlock it using this fob. I want to fix my oem fobs so I can open up the side doors (which is not a function on my 3rd party remote).

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what could be wrong and what I can do to fix the remotes? I was wondering if my remote starter is preventing me from being able to reprogram my honda remotes.

I appreciate any help that you might be able to offer.

Sue

·
Registered
12 Posts
ifmit happend all of a sudden, to both remotes, and batteries and reprogramming didn't work, i'd suspect the receiver in the car rather than the remotes. i've seen another recent post where someone rigged up a longer antenna to extend the range, but your unit may just be dead. but check the fuses before you have it checked out for a dead receiver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know where the receiver is located? Does anyone know where the fuse would be? I checked my manual and it does not list a fuse for the remote receiver. Thank you!

Sue

·
Registered
67 Posts
The reciever is in the drivers side door, its part of the power window/lock switch. I just got one on ebay (the whole thing) for about $40 shipped. They are different for the LX and EX, they might be different if you have a power tailgate or not. I went from the LX one to the EX/EXL one to get the function of having the windows roll down when you old the transmitter unlock and it worked. I only say that to indicate that they might be interchangable, but you probably dont want one from an LX, since it didnt have this function, nor did it have the power doors.

After you replace it, you'll have to do the program again.

1 - turn ignition on
2 - within 1-4 seconds, press the lock button on the transmitter
3 - within 1-4 seconds, turn off
4 - within 1-4 seconds, turn on
5 - within 1-4 seconds, press the lock button on the transmitter
6 - within 1-4 seconds, turn off
7 - within 1-4 seconds, turn on
8 - within 1-4 seconds, press the lock button on the transmitter
9 - within 1-4 seconds, turn off
10 - within 1-4 seconds turn on
11- within 1-4 seconds, press the lock button on the transmitter
12- confirm you hear the door locks clicking when you press the button, then push it again to store the transmitter.
13- within 10 seconds press lock/unlock on any additional transmitter
14- turn the ignition off and remove the key
15 - make sure the transmitters work

You might try that procedure again just to make sure you got it right. It took me a couple tries.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 1997 Odyssey EX - 4 door. Dropped my remote on cement driveway getting out of car (hands full of groceries and fumbled the fob). Unfortunately this was not the first time I dropped my key fob. The first time I dropped my fob, I went to a local car, electronic installer, store - the owner (possibly a employee of the owner) got my fob working - they did it at no cost to me - very accommodating fellow. He used the same principle as stated here (ignition on - press transmitter button - short form) - at least it looked quite similar at the time. Not wanting to be nosy at that moment, I only watched as he reprogramed my remote fob for me.
We have two remotes (wife and mine), she has never dropped her remote. Unfortunately, I dropped my fob agin the other day. Tried the info provided here and was only partially successful - "partially" because the doors lock and unlock (occasionally) as they should but the chirp (one for locked and two for unlocked) does not sound off - so have to check the locking functions by hand before moving on. Can this be corrected so I can hear the chirp when locking or unlocking my car? I went back to the original shop that helped me the first time. Unfortunately, they seemed to have new owners currently and seemed a bit too busy in the back to help me with my problem. So I would like to solve the chirp problem along with - why the care locks/unlocks at will. The locking/unlocking works at times and then not at other times. I can't explain why this happens.

If I can't figure this thing out (chirp), ect, I may have to try the shop again and maybe find a different attitude there or interest in my problem - not holding out hope. It may be that the shop (last time I visited) was very involved with something in the back and I was the interruptor. May have to look into that again. Any thought as to the chirp and the fantom locking/unlocking. The car will unlock/lock one day and not the next. Don't understand this. I can use the ignition key to unlock the car and the alarm will not engage - not sure if that is good or bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts